North Carolina-Outer Banks

Morning After Brunch?

Any recommendations for Saturday brunch the day after our wedding?  I wasn't sure if this was going to happen or not, but now it is and I haven't researched any places.  Oops. =) Help?
06.24.11 OBX, NC
Planning Bio
Married Bio

Re: Morning After Brunch?

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where are the majority of your guests staying? At Sea Ranch? The locals recommended to me Blue Moon Cafe, which is in Nags Head in the Harley Davidson shopping center. Also Kill Devil Grill has come highly recommended, down the road from The Pear.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll look into those. Most of our guests are staying in rental houses around Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills. 
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to throw a totally different idea out there... we have been to so many weddings where we missed brunch because we were not feeling so hot and just couldn't get down a heavy meal, or couldn't quite make it there on time.  So, we opted not to have a sit-down brunch at a restaurant... we had an informal, come-by-when-you-get-up kind of brunch at the reception house with warm Duck Donuts (gosh, I really want one right now!!), bagels, fresh fruit, and that kind of thing.  It was way less expensive (not that that was the goal) and it was kind of nice that people came in waves instead of all at once.  My wonderful Dad got up early to get most of the provisions that morning so everything was really fresh.  
  • lelamarie3lelamarie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you thinking will come to brunch? There are lots of good choices. Also, are you looking to go somewhere or have them come to you?
  • edited December 2011
    When we were thinking of doing something at our house, Duck Donuts came to mind. Love that place!  But, we have 24 people and we're staying in a three bedroom house. While we could spread out and use the two decks, I didn't want it to be considered an "event."  I'm not sure how those rules go.  It might be something we need to look into again since I'm not having much luck so far.

Lelamarie, suggestions for places to go?
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • lelamarie3lelamarie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to really make it an "event" and would want everyone to go somewhere at the same time...then I would say the Dunes is your best bet. They have a good breakfast and it would be the biggest place for breakfast/brunch. 

If you are looking to have food at the house, (and with all this being said I have no idea what these places will charge) duck donuts, good life gourmet, Kellys - although they don't do breakfast at their restaurant, they will do it if requested. 

Places that do a good brunch on a weekly basis - Chili Peppers, Brewing Station, and Food Dudes.

Please let me know if you have any questions about places...I live in the Outer Banks.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I called them this afternoon and they said we could have the bar area if I called the night before and/or early the morning of.  That's a definite possibility!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards