August 2013 Weddings

Engagment Photos

What'd you wear? If you don't mind, can you post yours? I can't decide what to wear. I know we'll do casual, and I want FI to wear a Volcom hat since that's the whole reason we even started talking (we met online and his user pic had a Volcom hat on, I swear, it was the ONLY reason I replied!).

We're both from CA (living in the Seattle area now) and I ALWAYS wear sandals, so I'll likely have them on.

Just trying to get ideas of what other people wore for theirs/or are wearing...
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagment Photos

• I will post mine as soon as I get them from the photographer.

We both just wore jeans. I wore a nice top and FI wore a nicer t shirt. We did ours in a park though with our dog so they were definitely on the casual side. My advice is just wear whatever you are going to be comfortable in.
  • I have been wondering the same thing!

I was thinking maybe a sundress or jeans with a nice top. Probably whichever I find first when shopping (dress or top). I am sure FI will wear jeans with a short sleeved button up (Charlie Sheen style!).

We will be doing them in September and will definitely post when we get them back. =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been wondering this too!  I am doing two outfits, and so far this is what I'm thinking:  In my beach setting I'll wear a mint colored top and white jeans (I have both).  In my city one I want to find a cute dress in a bright color, probably coral (I'll have to shop for this).  I'll post mine after I get them done in September.  Advice from my mother:  make sure your dress is long enough that you can squat down, be picked up, jump around etc. without flashing anyone.  lol.  Hope this helps!
  • We actually did ours in october after we got engaged but ill show u the bit I have on facebook
    we just did casual since it was fall I had on a sweater jeans and my ugs. but we did take some pics w our jerseys on.

HTH

Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Keyshkeyshx04x your pics are amazing. I love them, you got so many good ones!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_engagment-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:fdc4b994-4b04-42de-8378-2562644793a1Post:aef417bd-886f-4942-b4e3-79e8c7ebed71">Re: Engagment Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]We actually did ours in october after we got engaged but ill show u the bit I have on facebook we just did casual since it was fall I had on a sweater jeans and my ugs. but we did take some pics w our jerseys on. HTH <a href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1507622405559.2035923.1084260088&type=3" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1507622405559.2035923.1084260088&type=3</a>
    Posted by keyshkeyshx04x[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing! They're very cute. We're doing ours at the end of Sept.

I'm glad I'm not the only one not knowing what to do for these pictures!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We aren't doing our until Sept, but I am thinking bright jeans (maybe red or mint?) with a neutral top and then probably a cream/lace dress with cowboy boots. We are doing ours at our venue, which is a barn, so we want them to be fairly casual/vintage. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • apart from what to wear - I was also wondering how did you go about scheduling? I want to do them outdoors so of course I want it to be a nice day. Are your photographers flexible with the weather? The other issue is if you're planning on having hair and/or makeup done professionally that has to be scheduled too. I guess I'm just unsure how to go about booking the e-pics. TIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_engagment-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:fdc4b994-4b04-42de-8378-2562644793a1Post:f78cee3f-5ce2-4dd0-857a-161dadbfd40f">Re: Engagment Photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keyshkeyshx04x your pics are amazing. I love them, you got so many good ones!
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you very much it was def fun to do .. as u could see i was cracking up in most of them haha</div>
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• I agree, beautiful photos  keyshkeyshx04x. I love the ones with the jersey Very cute and shows that you both enjoy a common thing.

Honestly, I was wondering the same thing. FI and I are scheduled to have our done on August 27th. I actually booked the session today. 

I think we are going to go with two outfits. We too, are having our photographs done outside and figured FI would wear jeans in both but change the shirts. As for myself, I am thinking a dress for one and jeans and a nice shirt for the other change. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards