Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Inexpensive reception venue

I got engaged last week and my fianc and I are planning to get married in January. We have a VERY limited under 5k budget and are trying to find a reception venue. We have gotten a ceremony site in N Dallas for free so something within a 20 minute radius would be great. We're doing food/decorations ourselves and really just need a space, tables, chairs and linens for around 200. Suggestions?

Re: Inexpensive reception venue

• Im not familiar with Dallas too well, but it sounds likr you need to check out a community center, or depending on the guest list size, maybe rent a cool rooftop restaurant
    Anniversary
  • Check out the stickies at the top of the page.  It is harder to find places that allow you to bring your own food, because a lot of places make their money on food and beverage.  Look into the Addison Event Center, maybe?  Also Reflections in Richardson, but I'm not sure you can bring your own food there.  Maybe also the Filter Building in Dallas or there is a DIY venue on Whiterock Lake but the name is escaping me.

Make sure you have cut your guest list as much as you can.  You will be able to save enormously if you can trim it a bit.  Just my honest opinion.  Congrats on your engagement and good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_inexpensive-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1ca5c937-4157-4684-a0ac-09eda7748c23Post:e4e80e89-9a91-46bc-ae81-0cd9fc8a782f">Re: Inexpensive reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the stickies at the top of the page.  It is harder to find places that allow you to bring your own food, because a lot of places make their money on food and beverage.  Look into the Addison Event Center, maybe?  Also Reflections in Richardson, but I'm not sure you can bring your own food there.  Maybe also the Filter Building in Dallas or there is a <strong>DIY venue on Whiterock Lake</strong> but the name is escaping me. Make sure you have cut your guest list as much as you can.  You will be able to save enormously if you can trim it a bit.  Just my honest opinion.  Congrats on your engagement and good luck!
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

<div>You're thinking of Winfrey Point. It's a great venue, but books up very far in advance.</div><div>
    </div><div>I got married at the Filter Building, and it will be hard to fit in her budget, and they charge extra if you bring in food that's not on their approved caterer's list.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think your best bet is either Winfrey Point, or a community center. There are some really great community centers, depending on which city you live in.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_inexpensive-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:1ca5c937-4157-4684-a0ac-09eda7748c23Post:e4e80e89-9a91-46bc-ae81-0cd9fc8a782f">Re: Inexpensive reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out the stickies at the top of the page.  It is harder to find places that allow you to bring your own food, because a lot of places make their money on food and beverage.  Look into the Addison Event Center, maybe?  Also Reflections in Richardson, but I'm not sure you can bring your own food there.  Maybe also the Filter Building in Dallas or there is a <strong>DIY venue on Whiterock Lake</strong> but the name is escaping me. Make sure you have cut your guest list as much as you can.  You will be able to save enormously if you can trim it a bit.  Just my honest opinion.  Congrats on your engagement and good luck!
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

<div>You're thinking of Winfrey Point. It's a great venue, but books up very far in advance.</div><div>
    </div><div>I got married at the Filter Building, and it will be hard to fit in her budget, and they charge extra if you bring in food that's not on their approved caterer's list.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think your best bet is either Winfrey Point, or a community center. There are some really great community centers, depending on which city you live in.</div>
  • Umm sorry on the double post. Thought I was more savvy than that....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards