New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Historic sites along the Hudson River

I am recently engaged and into local history (I'm in Poughkeepsie).  I would love to get married at a historic site along the Hudson River (or related creeks/tributaries).  It doesn't have to be one of the well-known places, like Locust Grove.  In fact I might prefer one off the beaten path.  Ideally, it would be a place that we could have the reception INSIDE the historic section of the property.  I've even started considering old factory buildings.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Historic sites along the Hudson River

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_historic-sites-along-the-hudson-river?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b64c9fe4-9b6e-4c45-9393-a0ee6d37dce6Post:93ca363f-40fc-4cd8-97b0-c2ecd59d741c">Historic sites along the Hudson River</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am recently engaged and into local history (I'm in Poughkeepsie).  I would love to get married at a historic site along the Hudson River (or related creeks/tributaries).  It doesn't have to be one of the well-known places, like Locust Grove.  In fact I might prefer one off the beaten path.  Ideally, it would be a place that we could have the reception INSIDE the historic section of the property.  I've even started considering old factory buildings. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Posted by DaylimS[/QUOTE]

<div>Not next to the water but def historical (and cheap,) we got married at the Bedford Historical Hall in Westchester. We had our actual ceremony at the Catholic church across the street but our reception was inside the historical building. Might be too far for you but I loved our reception hall!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The roundhill in Beacon is beautiful!  They just restored some of the old factory buildings and its
    right on the waterfalls in Beacon
  • Options
    You could try Mount Gulian historic site, near beacon. I've never been, but from the photos it looks nice.
  • Options
    the belvidere mansion in statsburg i think
    Photobucket invite1
  • Options
    try the historic mansion at colonial terrace in cortlandt manor.  its a beautiful historic rich mansion on lots of gardens.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_historic-sites-along-the-hudson-river?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:b64c9fe4-9b6e-4c45-9393-a0ee6d37dce6Post:657146f2-68b1-42be-9c8e-94b20f4e6a2b">Re: Historic sites along the Hudson River</a>:
    [QUOTE]try the historic mansion at colonial terrace in cortlandt manor.  its a beautiful historic rich mansion on lots of gardens.
    Posted by lzbride[/QUOTE]

Mills Mansion, also known as The Staatsburgh in Hyde Park. 
    And relatively unknown, but gorgeous is Locusts on the Hudson in Staatsburg. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards