Just Engaged and Proposals

Is July 2010 enough time?

My fiancee' just proposed to me on Sat 2/13/10 and we have been together for 5 1/2 years and wanted to get married in this summer is 166 days enough time to plan a wedding realistically?

Re: Is July 2010 enough time?

• I think so but you'll have to hustle.  Good luck and congratulations.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • that's plenty of time. Most of my friends had engagements that were 3 months or less so its defiantly doable

• I see no reason why it wouldn't be! Focus and determination are all you need! Best of luck and congratulations! :-)
  • You can definitely do it!! I threw together a wedding in 2 weeks once... although I wouldn't recommend that. LOL!

Let your TK checklist be your guide and enlist the help of your BMs, mom, and FMIL for help. Delegate!! :) It will all come together and be over before you know it.

Good luck - and most of all, have fun!!
  • As long as you don't have unreasonable expectations, yes it's plenty of time. By now many venues and photographers have already been booked, so you may not get your first choices, but yes - it's plenty of time! Good luck! 

• Honestly, it depends what you want to do. If you want the most well-known vendors in your area, it's probably too soon because most of them will be booked for such a popular time. If you're looking to do something in a more unusual spot and are ok with doing a lot of work yourselves or using less popular vendors (not necessarily worse, could be newer or just less well-known) then yes, it's plenty of time.
  • Yes it's definitely possible to plan a  wedding for July 2010, but you'll have to be flexible and willing to work with what's available.
  • If you are flexible on date and time, then go for it. Once you get a venue, the rest can be booked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • YES!!!!!!!!  I help a girlfriend plan a wedding in 2 months and it was fabulous!  Blessing to you!
  • Definitely enough time, you may also be able to wrangle some last minute discounts as well at this point, try doing a google search for "last minute wedding packages" in your area, the more things you can get your venue to provide the easier your life will be.

I agree with PPs you will need to be a bit flexible
  • definitely enough time but you need to get on planning like...RIGHT NOW!!
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
  • You can make it work if you really want to.  Consider though that this will be like a second full time job in order to pull it off by July- if you do not have that kind of time to spare then hire a wedding planner.  THEY ARE WORTH THE COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you and GOOD LUCK!
    I hope to stay posted=)

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • I think it depends on some things.  If you have your mind set on specific vendors and a specific venue then you might run into issues.  Also, I don't know how busy you are in general ie..work, school, family, but planning a wedding in six months could be overly stressful.   If you can be flexible then it should be fine but I'd opt for a longer versus shorter engagment.  Either way good luck and congrats!! 
  • First of all, congrats! 
    It is definitely enough time, but there are many factors to consider, like pp have said. Pick your venue first, for sure! Also, consider the size, style of wedding you want to have. FI and I are having a very small (<40 people) wedding so we are able to have our reception at a restaurant- that has made it tons easier since we don't have to worry about set up, tear down, or even decor, really. Look at what you want for your wedding, decide what's important, and how to make it work :) Come back here, there will always be people answering questions!
  • My cousin planned her wedding for 400 guests in 6 weeks.... because she had it on a Friday, all of the vendors she wanted were available.  Totally doable, just don't get unrealistic about your expectations for the details.  You'll have to take what you can get.

• You probably won't have your first choice of vendors, or your wedding date, but it's completely possible. I had a friend who did hers in three months. She called around, found a hotel available. The site contact at the hotel took her budget and pointed out the photographers and DJs to call on their preferred vendor list.

She had the vendors, flowers and food handled in one week!

The tricky part is finding a dress and getting it altered in time -- so start looking for seamstresses who can squeeze you in now.

A wedding coordinator may or may not be worth it. If you're at a hotel or party center with a good on site coordinator, then save your money and skip on the wedding planner.
  • If you rock it and aren't afraid of writing a lot of checks, you bet you can do it! My sister is getting married this fall (she got engaged over the holidays) so we're all chipping in.
  • Yes I do. Congrats on you engagment!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards