Ohio-Cincinnati

Pattison Lodge in Clermont County (Batavia)

Anyone have any pics of this place decorated?

I would like to have my wedding here, but they are only open for tours during business hours.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Pattison Lodge in Clermont County (Batavia)

• katiebean1katiebean1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any pictues but I have been there for a few weddings. It is a decent place but it is BARE bones.  There are no decorations of any kind, so you would have to do it all.  The ceremony site outside is nice.  Even if you can't make it up there during the business hours, you should stop by just to see the place and get a feel for it and see the ceremony spot. Good luck!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I agree with PP. I've been there to look at it as a venue and there was NOTHING. Only the basics. If you're trying to save money by not decorating this isn't it. Otherwise, I honestly think it's pretty, just small.
  • edited December 2011

I was planning on doing a tent originally, but this place would be cheaper than renting a tent.  I would rent chair covers and table linens.  Do my own centerpieces.  Do you think the inside is rustic or has enough character to do this?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rustic doesn't exactly describe it.  It's more like a grade school cafeteria feel.  Not at all appealing and I don't know what you could do, short of a miracle, to make it acceptable. 
  • katiebean1katiebean1 member
    edited December 2011
    It is a bit rustic, but I think with the right decorations it can be beautiful.  Go check it out!
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    edited December 2011
    Someone on my FB just got married there this weekend, but I don't feel comfortable showing their pictures. It was beautiful though.
  • edited December 2011
    Stef - Did they do anything with the ceiling rafters?  Did they have professional lighting? 

I was thinking about lining up the banquet tables in a long family style way instead of using the rounds.  I like that look better, but I am not sure how it would look inside there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The long tables in that setting might make it feel too much like a church basement.  I  have been to 2 weddings and a couple rehearsal dinners at the lodge and the round tables seem to work better.  It is a pretty setting because there are lots of outside opportunities for pics.  Inside, I think you could play off of the rustic nature of the lodge and the setting and it could be really pretty.  I can think of lots of DIY country chic things that would be lovely.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Living out that way I've been to quite a few weddings both larger and small scale at the Lodge.  The Gazebo is a great place to have a wedding during the spring and summer.  I've also been to a few that used the fireplace up front as the backdrop for their wedding.  We are actually having ours there in November - it was pretty much the last saturday available.  I didn't want to wait that long, but the price was right.  You can do so much with it since its basically a "blank slate".  Also I love that they will let you bring in whatever caterer that you want.   Definately try and check it out.

• I'm having my wedding there in February 2012. I loved the lighting. You can dim a lot of the house lights and we asked if we could buy gel filters for the lights and they said yes! Waaay cheaper than buying lighting that's for sure. It says it holds 250, but I wouldn't go that big. Mine is only 125 and it's perfect. They also have some speakers in the back that you can use to hook up to an ipod. If you really are on a budget you could also save that way. They don't have a dishwasher though. So keep that in mind when thinking about serveware.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards