California-San Diego
Options

Wedding Dresses

Any suggestions for a bridal shop in SD area - looking for a "beach wedding" dress and want to spend around $1500.....I called "M Brides" this morning and when I told her my budget she said "Our dresses start at $2400" and flat out hung up on me!  How rude!  Not a great start to the search for a dress!  

I am not thrilled on David's Bridal - anywhere else where you don't need a Kardashian budget to get a nice dress?

Re: Wedding Dresses

• Options
    wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridals by Susanti in Escondido is fantastic.  You will find a lot in your price range there.  See if you can get Hannah to help you.  She is wonderful.

White Flower Bridal Boutique usually has dresses above your price point, but they are having a sample sale 11/15-11/30.

2000 Dreams  Bridal also has a good selection in your price.
  • Options
    anlindstanlindst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Brides By Demetrios also has lots of gowns in this range and a huge selection

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Bridals by Susanti. I did not buy my dress there, but I wish I had because I had a terrible time with alterations at the salon where I bought my dress (Ferndales Bridal in Orange). Hannah at Bridals by Susanti helped me out with last minute alterations (a week before my wedding!) after the incompetent alterations at Ferndales Bridal.

Bridals by Susanti also doesn't cut the designer tags and allows some photography.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    J Crew... they have some pretty ones and if I was going to do beachy I would have seriously looked at them. Instead we're using them for bridesmaid dresses.
  • Options
    LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my "wedding" dress at Nordstrom's in the evening gown department. It was $350 and is a "beach wedding" dress I think. (please don't mind the non-professional photos). I had a hard time finding what I was looking for because I didn't know how to describe what I wanted. The terminology "destination wedding dress" may be helpful to you. Also check out Prevue in La Mesa

• Options
    annafreewhitsannafreewhits member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at prevue formal and bridal in La Mesa... They mostly have prom dresses on display but they have a pretty solid wedding section too and it's very reasonably priced. Loved them Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i got mine at Here comes the bride in mission valley, i also know of two other brides who bought there too.... beautiful dresses and good prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards