New Jersey
Options

Non-clicky poll: screen names

Care to share the story behind your screen name?  

Mine isn't terribly creative, my initials plus the year I graduated from college.  If I had realized how much I would use this site I would have tried a little harder!

Where I went to school (Dartmouth) we referred to ourselves by our graduation year ("I'm a '98" etc.)  When we came up on the class of 2000 there was a big uproar over what they would be called.  The administration didn't want them to be referred to as "zeroes" so they were suggesting things like "oughty-oughts" or "noughty-noughts".  It was all for nought (haha) because of course they were called (and embraced being called) "zeroes".  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Non-clicky poll: screen names

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll play... it was my screen name that I came up with way back in high school. Birth stone + birth date with an "x" thrown in there since I was *super cool*
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is because of the episode of Rocko's Modern Life that took place in Heck and the devil's name was Peaches.  It cracks me up to this day!  :-)  Oh, and the numbers I originally had before I got stupidly banned from The Knot were my birth month and year... now they're my birth month and FI's birth year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I play ice hockey and I am a goalie so hence the name goaliegirl.  Everything else I tried was already taken so I ended up with this.  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was also my screen name in HS - as you can see, I created my account 11 years ago....I started to look at wedding dresses on theknot back then. LOL!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Simple it's my hometown and wedding year.  I wish I was creative.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends suggested I create an email for all wedding stuff so post wedding I can go ahead and delete the account, thus aoiding post wedding advertisements.  I thought i was cute and clever and clearly I will be Mrs. Davies at some point in time haha.  I basically use it for anything wedding related :)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's my maiden name initials and 42 was my number in softball. Everyone who wore an XL jersey had a number that started with a 4 (Larges wore 3's, and so on). I went to a cruel cruel high school.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    name + (dating) anniversary date = my screen name

Sherri- that was a cruel high school, it is also a sense-less system.  
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My original one was "uppereastbride", which I thought was kind of clever.  But then the Knot had login problems for a while and everyone had to sign up for new names in the interim, and I never went back to my old one.  So I have a lame geography-based one.  Particularly lame because I moved out of the Upper East Side almost two years ago (and hated it to begin with).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally wanted ladybug but that was taken.  I have sentimental reasons for liking ladybugs so I just took one of the ones the knot recommended and my birthday is 3-24.  This is a cool post I always wondered why people chose what they did.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_non-clicky-poll-screen-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fb5b47b9-b3d2-4373-8c65-1445d2a9024aPost:86195eb4-1b11-4efc-87b5-c0ebebbab28f">Re: Non-clicky poll: screen names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is because of the episode of Rocko's Modern Life that took place in Heck and the devil's name was Peaches.  It cracks me up to this day!  :-)  Oh, and the numbers I originally had before I got stupidly banned from The Knot were my birth month and year... now they're my birth month and FI's birth year.
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]

Ha I thought that you just really liked to eat Peaches!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The name Pharo actually came from a movie called American Graffiti. There was a gang called the Pharaohs in the movie that had this really smooth leader. My close friend eddie is Egyptian and also has that really smooth personality so I started calling him that. Instead of the nickname sticking on him, it started to stick on me. Go figure, now all my friends call me Pharo. The #47 was my number from football that was given to me because everyone said I reminded them of John Lynch from the Tampa Bay Bucs. Really calm demeanor off the field but aggressive hard hitter on the field.
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine isn't very exciting.. it is my name and birthday. I've used it for years.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Maiden initials were mbc and a lot of people called me that as a nickname. MH's last name begins with D, and one day he said, "You know, once we get married your new name will be mbcd ... *laugh* ... efg!"

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_non-clicky-poll-screen-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fb5b47b9-b3d2-4373-8c65-1445d2a9024aPost:86195eb4-1b11-4efc-87b5-c0ebebbab28f">Re: Non-clicky poll: screen names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is because of the episode of Rocko's Modern Life that took place in Heck and the devil's name was Peaches.  It cracks me up to this day!  :-) 
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]

"I know the answer! Big Fat Cow!"

I love that episode. That was a really funny show!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is totally uncreative, it's my birthday - November 29.  I thought it was super clever when I was in high school and made it my screen name.  I didn't even know about these boards when I signed up on TK so I just used my usual screen name as my login -- and here I am!
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danes is what my mom always called me growing up. And 983 is my birth month and year.  This is my aol sn too.  I am so unoriginal.  But for the record when I joined match.com I had to think of a screen name and it was SO hard. I didnt want to give too much away. So I went with SweetnSporty12. 12 being my hs softball number!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is what DH calls me because I'm short and feisty.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a joke between me and FI. I lived in NY and he lived in NJ and he joked he wanted to make me a "real housewife of NJ" and it stuck after we got engaged and I moved to Jersey. The 22 is his bday. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mine isn't original at all and actually almost a typo! 

It was my 1st name plus initials but I forgot to put the M for marie! It should have been brendampc --- which co-oincendently was also my 1st AOL screen name!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'll explain this one so everyone out there doesn't question if I know how to spell cat or not haha...My name is Alyson and my last name begins with a K, I've been called aly-cat many times in my life so I thought I'd put my own spin on it, 216 is my birthday. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine comes from a nickname I gained in college (Jen the Spiller).  I had a knack for spilling anything and all things liquid. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is my initials and then my dog's name. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mc = my initials
    rm = fiance's initials
    22011 = 2/20/11 date we got engaged
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kellybee83kellybee83 member
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't very interesting either.  First name, and last name starts with a b, but I turned in to "bee" as in bumble.  Even though I actually hate bees!  I was born in '83.

Danes- I'm a Sept 83 girl too!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't original.  Bridetobe was the first thing I thought of and then attached the month and day of our wedding.
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I also did a wedding email for all wedding-related stuff and my screen name is from that.  It's easy... My name is Gianine and my FI's nickname is Spo so we are "Giaspo"!  Not very original...

• Options
    justad0remejustad0reme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mine was my aol screenname back in high school and then I started using it for log-ins because I didnt want to think of new ones...I just didnt realize I was going to be using the boards
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • Options
    JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is from Star Trek.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    edited December 2011
    I was not creative at all.  Stefani is my first name, and Bel is the beggining of my last name Beltrane.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_non-clicky-poll-screen-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fb5b47b9-b3d2-4373-8c65-1445d2a9024aPost:5588fa81-eb37-4199-9747-7b975752fa11">Re: Non-clicky poll: screen names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Simple it's my hometown and wedding year.  I wish I was creative.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

I am originally from Hoboken, as well.  :)

Mine is my and my future husbands initials- we will both be AS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards