March 2013 Weddings
Options

The vision...

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the whole vision of the room?

So we are not planning on a coordinator at this point. We have a florist, the caterer and the venue manager that are basically helping coordinate. So I know how some peices are planned but I'm having trouble seeing how everything will come together, and to that end, what I am missing. For example, Once everything is on the table what will it look like. Or Do I need lighting across the stage or around the dance floor. I'm probably over thinking this, far too early in the process but I'm just worried that everything will look piecemeal and not work together. 
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: The vision...

• Options
    i'm pretty worried too. :/ i'm not planning on a ton of decorations.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_the-vision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:7104202d-b369-4640-b969-6edd3d120b59Post:4fc2df01-ffe8-467f-ab7f-83aa2f2da42a">The vision...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else having trouble seeing the whole vision of the room? So we are not planning on a coordinator at this point. We have a florist, the caterer and the venue manager that are basically helping coordinate. So I know how some peices are planned but I'm having trouble seeing how everything will come together, and to that end, what I am missing. For example, Once everything is on the table what will it look like. Or Do I need lighting across the stage or around the dance floor. I'm probably over thinking this, far too early in the process but I'm just worried that everything will look piecemeal and not work together. 
    Posted by Janna2012[/QUOTE]

Count me in! I'm definitely having trouble envisioning the big picture and what might be missing. I've always had a bit of a decorating disability, so planning things like this doesn't work with any of my natural talents at all.

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm the same way, and I'm trying to just keep it minimal. Yesterday I took one of my BM's to look at the reception venue and there was a wedding Saturday night so the tables and everything were still set out and it really helped me! Can you see pictures from others wedding at the same venue to get an idea of how different things might look?
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ooo... looking at photos of other weddings at the venue is helpful. It doesn't mean that mine will come together as well as theirs did but it helps me feel out the space a little... 

One Wedding
    Two Weddings
    Three Weddings
    Four Weddings

I also just love looking at the venue! The venue is VERY orange which I love about it but definitely will be a challenge with photos and decor. I grabbed two new ideas from these photos tho! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have been dealing with the same issue.  Everything is picked and purchased, but there are issues like "do we need 4 candels, or should we have 5", "do we want clear gems"
    It can be a pain when you do not know, and I have seen other weddings decorated; but we will have to wait untill the appointment before hand to determine if we need anything else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_the-vision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:7104202d-b369-4640-b969-6edd3d120b59Post:deb8a234-0f23-4d4b-bde6-039267d50f19">Re: The vision...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooo... looking at photos of other weddings at the venue is helpful. It doesn't mean that mine will come together as well as theirs did but it helps me feel out the space a little...  One  Wedding Two  Weddings Three  Weddings Four  Weddings I also just love looking at the venue! The venue is VERY orange which I love about it but definitely will be a challenge with photos and decor. I grabbed two new ideas from these photos tho! 
    Posted by Janna2012[/QUOTE]

I LOVE the bright chair colors!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Options
    Pinterest has been my friend...

My venue room is LARGE...like 8000 square feet large (it's at an event center). We are having the ceremony on one side, then the reception on the other. I agree that it is so hard to picture it all put together!

I'm doing the black table cloths with black chair covers with a pink sash. We are ordering hot pink napkins and then will have pink flowers in our centerpieces. I really wanted to do some sort of candles for some of the centerpieces but since the venue is on the second floor of a sports museum, they won't let us have open flame. Understandable, but the centerpieces are so pretty when they have candles.

Uplighting is my "splurge" for the wedding. We are having the room uplit with hot pink lights, and then having LED cubes at the four corners of the dance floor to add the "pop".

I have no clue what to do either with centerpieces/flowers/etc. Do you have an idea of what you want? Are you vintage-y, glitzy, traditional, etc?
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards