Arizona-Phoenix
Options

What are your cake flavors?

Ladies,
I can't decide what the other cake flavor I should have.  We are very set on red velvet with cream cheese filling so that was easy but I want to add another flavor in there for another option for our guests!  I can't decide...maybe a vanilla but what kind of filling!?!?  We are having a 3 tier cake so should i make all tiers different!?!? So many options!

What are you doing for you cake?  Maybe that will spark some ideas on my end!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your cake flavors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing red velvet with cream chese filling too!  OUr other flavor is a white cake with bavarian cream filling and fresh strawberries.  I figure it was nice and light, kind of the oposite of the red velvet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing devil's food with a raspberry filling and "butter rum infusion" cake with caramel buttercream filling (butter rum infusion tastes like vanilla, stepped up a notch). our cake will be 3 tiers as well, and our baker recommended that the bottom layer be 1 flavor and the other two layers the second flavor (that way you have the flavors 50-50).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just went to our first tasting today!  There were so many options.  I left feeling like in the end, they all mixed together and I forgot which ones were my favorite.  As FI pointed out, there was not one combo that he tasted that he did not like!  So, I guess that is a positive!

But, I agree with you ladies on the board!  We are going with red velvet with cream cheese for one layer.  The other layer is a Champaign with white chocolate filling and strawberries.  The top cake, we are still undecided.  Traditionally she does not cut those for the guests, but she does provide a 1 yr wedding cake, so we do not have to keep it in the freezer.  So, we could throw in one more combination.  I was thinking maybe lemon cake with lemon chiffon filling.
    11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lets see if I can remember then

We did a white cake with raspberry filling, a Divinity cake with kahlua filling, chocolate cake chocolate filling and there was one more combo that I cant remember.
    They were alll tasty!
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our baker yesterday!  We went with Dolce Pesca, and I couldn't believe how fabulous her cakes were!  I am so excited for it!!!

Any who, my flavors are chocolate cake with a dense chocolate moose, white sponge cake with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries, champagne cake with white chocolate filling, and white sponge cake with cannoli cream.  

Four flavors might be a bit much haha...  They were all sooo good though!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Shale4620Shale4620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to do cupcakes (and a 6" top tier cutting cake) with Elegant Cake Creations in Mesa.

We're going with 3 flavors of cupcakes:

Vanilla with a Mixed Berry filling with Cream Cheese frosting (this combo is also going to be used for the cutting cake)

Pumpkin Cake with a Spiced Caramel Buttercream (MY FAV!)

Double Chocolate with a Grand Marnier Buttercream filling and a Lemon Cream frosting
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did red velvet cake with bovarian cream filling. It was yummy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards