Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

How long should a second line be?

I am second lining from The Westin Canal Place (100 Iberville) to The Foundry (St Joseph Street).  It's about 1 mile and I am offering optional transportation to the reception for people who don't want to walk.  But, is a mile too far? 

Re: How long should a second line be?

• Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time of year is the wedding?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MaggieB83MaggieB83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's on June 4th.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MaggieB83 !  How exciting!  We're doing the same thing on 10/2/10!!!  I don't think it's too far, but our wedding will be pretty cool in October.  We're serving drinks after the ceremony so that people are walking with beverages- for some reason, walking isn't as bad with champagne, beer, or H2O in your hand ;-).  Since our wedding is next month, I will report back and let you know how it goes! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    june is REALLY hot, and a 20 minute walk in that doesn't sound fun at all
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a second line in December that was a few blocks and all the women were in the hotel bathroom trying to wipe off the sweat and fix our make-up.  If I were you I would go walk outside briskly for a mile and then make your decision.  I think if you provide transportation for those who don't or can't make the walk you are going make a lot of people very happy.  I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I wanted to share my experience with you!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abreaux21abreaux21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a second line also and NEED some suggestions for a band for it?? PLEASE HELP, I can't find any!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards