Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Photography Advice Please!

So I'm going to be having a smaller wedding--less than 30 people.  I do want to have a professional photographer, but I don't think I necessarily need to have someone with us for a full 5-6 hours or whatever.  How would you guys suggest I approach it?  Which pictures do you love most?  I'm considering having them catch the end of the "getting ready" stuff, and stay for ceremony/formal pictures/maybe the very beginning of the reception.  What do you all think?  Would I regret missing something?  Also, I'm looking for recommendations for photographers that would be willing to do something like this--who are you all using?  What do you like about them?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photography Advice Please!

• Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using her but I know that Sharyn Frenkel has a smaller hour package that's the "dressing to cake cutting" only.  I know her prices have gone up though since I looked into her over a year ago. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Sharyns pricing is around 2k now for that package. But I LOVE her! I posted about my e-pics the other day. She is great and definitely one of the more affordable photographers mentioned on the board.
  • Options
    jlb734jlb734 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photography-advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:917ec332-d091-45bd-9214-e1f6303c1c55Post:3b98147b-3ebb-457e-9c9a-ebbd780b1cd5">Re: Photography Advice Please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Sharyns pricing is around 2k now for that package. But I LOVE her! I posted about my e-pics the other day. She is great and definitely one of the more affordable photographers mentioned on the board.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I do love your e-pics---they're gorrrgeous!  She might be one to look at- I like her style!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe thanks! You are getting married a little before me actually. I would think she is not booked for many dates in 2011 just yet. Call her! She is fantastic to work with. Also, you should hop on the March 2011 board! Girls are so nice on that board. :)
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think most photographers will work with you on the timing you want them there. Do you have a budget for what you want? If you know your budget, and know the hours you want, you can e mail photographers you like to see if they would be interested.

There was a few pictures I wish I got, she left an hour before the reception ended, and getting my hair/make up done... but I'm really happy with the pictures I got. Figure out which pictures you really want, when you will want them, and a budget. Recomending photographers from there will be much easier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Buttons that setting an overall budget would be more important right now than worrying about how many hours you will get with a package, although it's great to know that the time your photographer spends with you is something you are willing to compromise on.  Almost any great photographer will be willing to work with you on price if you have a few minor concessions like this that you're willing to make.  I'm not sure if these will be in your price range, but I can heartily recommend:

-Doug Burns (our wedding photographer and all-around fantastic guy)
    -Tony Hoffer
    -Sarah Schulte
    -Sndor Welsh
    -Rich Lavigne (I know for a fact that he has a package that is around 5 hours of coverage)
  • Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I absolutely second Rich Lavigne.  For our wedding he came right as we were getting dressed (after all the hair and make-up) and stayed until the cake cutting.  This was a little longer than 5-6 hours since we had a break between the ceremony and reception, but he does have a shorter package.  Definitely worth a look!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm always a fan of:

Mike Landis (my wedding photog, see photos in my profile)
    Ryan Estes (he was our 2nd shooter and is amazing)
    Doug Burns (Heathers photog who I love to blog-stalk)
    Sarah Schulte (BP's photog, and I had my bpics done w her and loved her)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    a lot of photogs will do shorter times packages or will at least be willing to work out a deal with you.  smaller studios or independent photographers are more likely to do this than big mass production wedding photography companies.
    Photobucket

september siggy challenge! my colours!

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other's eyes but looking outwards at the same direction." - The Little Prince Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards