California-Northern

State Park Wedding- Food?

Hi Everyone! My man & I have fallen in love with the redwood groves just south of our home & (tentativly) decided it would make an awesome location for our special day (we want the ceremony & reception at the same location). We are going super casual, just family and close friends from out of the area, less than 100 ppl total. Here's the issue, the redwoods are a state park area and therefore there is no kitchen for catering. The day-use area we are looking at is next to the river and has a huge outdoor 4 sided fireplace, electric hookups, plenty of tables, and BBQ's. The only option we have come up with so far for the meal is a food truck or two. I know we can't be the only people dealing with this- what did you do, or would you do in this situation? It seems like using the BBQ's are out of the question due to the smoke issue... 
July 2013 Knottie Siggy Challenge: Location, Location! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: State Park Wedding- Food?

• edited February 2012
    Hi Everyone! My man & I have fallen in love with the redwood groves just south of our home & (tentativly) decided it would make an awesome location for our special day (we want the ceremony & reception at the same location). We are going super casual, just family and close friends from out of the area, less than 100 ppl total. Here's the issue, the redwoods are a state park area and therefore there is no kitchen for catering. The day-use area we are looking at is next to the river and has a huge outdoor 4 sided fireplace, electric hookups, plenty of tables, and BBQ's. The only option we have come up with so far for the meal is a food truck or two. I know we can't be the only people dealing with this- what did you do, or would you do in this situation? It seems like using the BBQ's are out of the question due to the smoke issue... 
    July 2013 Knottie Siggy Challenge: Location, Location! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards