Not Engaged Yet
Options

Getting to know YOU!

Tell me some weird little quirks you have, things you love (even if they're silly), something you can't live without, pet peeves!

One of my little quirks is after I wash my face in the shower I always look out of the shower curtain. I am always afraid that there's going to be someone staring back at me. Maybe I've watch to many horror movies, I don't know!

I also love love love Christmas and Halloween movies. I will watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Santa Claus in the middle of summer, and I always pump myself up for Halloween by watching Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown starting in Septemeber, even though they're all cheesy and silly I love them!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Getting to know YOU!

• Options
    I haven't met a potato I didn't like...true to my Irish roots I guess. I still do a running leap into my bed when BF is not there, afraid someone is under there. I talk to my dog and cat like they are my kids and even sometimes call BF "daddy" (in reference to the animals of course!). If I could go back to school now, I'd go for interior design or culinary arts. I love to cook and host parties. My girlfriends refer to me as the Martha Stewart of Littleton, CO. hehe.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe3c0469-b5fc-4a9d-aeb8-dfd4f30ab0b3Post:7b0e0979-4ea5-4f1b-8f2d-dcdd237d286d">Re: Getting to know YOU!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't met a potato I didn't like...true to my Irish roots I guess. I still do a running leap into my bed when BF is not there, afraid someone is under there.<strong> I talk to my dog and cat like they are my kids and even sometimes call BF "daddy" (in reference to the animals of course!)</strong>. If I could go back to school now, I'd go for interior design or culinary arts. I love to cook and host parties. My girlfriends refer to me as the Martha Stewart of Littleton, CO. hehe.
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahaha both FI and I do this too! They are furbabies after all!</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I hate pickles like that too, polo.

and H and I also refer to each other as "mom" or "dad" when talking about our little dog. 
  • Options
    something quirky about is that i love to sing randomly and sometimes i make up songs about things that are going on. 

i absolutely love dogs, chocolate, and romantic comedies. 

pet peeves people who pronounce words wrong, it makes me cringe! 

OP i love hocus pocus and halloweentown too, I watch them every year!

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Quirks: After a shower, I use one side of the towel to dry my hair and face and the other to dry my feet.  I just don't like the idea of sticking my face where my feet just were on the towel, even though I am clean. It's a little weird, I know.  
    Also, whenever I make a sandwich, I always have to take a bite as soon as I finish putting it together.  I will be standing at the kitchen counter and take that one bite.  Every other food under the sun, I can wait until I am sitting down to eat.  But with a sandwich, I always want the first bite immediately.

Things I love: lazy days with lots of snuggle time, the movie Mansfield Park (I watch it at least twice a year), my daughter's random acts of kindness.

Pet peeves: lately I have been getting very impatient with unreliable people.  That is a current pet peeve.  I can also chime in to say no to pickles and their nefarious juices touching the other food on my plate!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe3c0469-b5fc-4a9d-aeb8-dfd4f30ab0b3Post:e6241214-84b0-45a3-976b-46c0d08873ac">Getting to know YOU!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell me some weird little quirks you have, things you love (even if they're silly), something you can't live without, pet peeves! One of my little quirks is after I wash my face in the shower I always look out of the shower curtain. I am always afraid that there's going to be someone staring back at me. Maybe I've watch to many horror movies, I don't know! I also love love love Christmas and Halloween movies. I will watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Santa Claus in the middle of summer, and I always pump myself up for Halloween by watching Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown starting in Septemeber, even though they're all cheesy and silly I love them!
    Posted by prbright[/QUOTE]

<div>A weird quirk of mine is that I love bugs. I will stop on the side of the road if I see a caterpillar, and I will help snails along their way if theyre in the middle of the sidewalk.</div><div>
    </div><div>One of my biggest pet peeves is when customers come into my store and complain about how expensive the dog food is, when they reek like cigarettes. All i can think is "You know, if you quit smoking i bet youd have tons of money to feed your pet properly!"  >:C</div>
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe3c0469-b5fc-4a9d-aeb8-dfd4f30ab0b3Post:7b0e0979-4ea5-4f1b-8f2d-dcdd237d286d">Re: Getting to know YOU!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I talk to my dog and cat like they are my kids and even sometimes call BF "daddy" (in reference to the animals of course!).
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]
    We do this non-stop. The dogs know us as Mommy and Daddy, and they are our dog-daughter and canine-son. They are also aware of who Grandma and Grandpa are on both sides. My parents refer to the dogs as their grand-dogs, but Tyler's parents just call them the pups. I think my parents understand this more because we are completely psycho animal people. I mean, my parents have seven cats.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe3c0469-b5fc-4a9d-aeb8-dfd4f30ab0b3Post:4bfd117b-a8d6-4cd5-90f7-fc6aa2e3657b">Re: Getting to know YOU!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quirks: After a shower, I use one side of the towel to dry my hair and face and the other to dry my feet.  I just don't like the idea of sticking my face where my feet just were on the towel, even though I am clean. It's a little weird, I know.   Also, whenever I make a sandwich, I always have to take a bite as soon as I finish putting it together. <strong> I will be standing at the kitchen counter and take that one bite.  Every other food under the sun, I can wait until I am sitting down to eat.  </strong>But with a sandwich, I always want the first bite immediately. Things I love: lazy days with lots of snuggle time, the movie Mansfield Park (I watch it at least twice a year), my daughter's random acts of kindness. Pet peeves: lately I have been getting very impatient with unreliable people.  That is a current pet peeve.  I can also chime in to say no to pickles and their nefarious juices touching the other food on my plate!
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Haha I'm the same way. It happens EVERY time. </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Every meal I eat, I always leave a bite. Very rarely do I ever eat everything on my plate. I also check in the shower before I go to the bathroom. (Don't want to get attacked with my pants down!) I work in a childrens hospital so I'm used to talking to little ones all day. So sometimes I come home and I'm still talking in my baby voice and I realize I'm back in big person land and it's time to talk normal. I love pickles. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe3c0469-b5fc-4a9d-aeb8-dfd4f30ab0b3Post:4bfd117b-a8d6-4cd5-90f7-fc6aa2e3657b">Re: Getting to know YOU!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quirks: After a shower, I use one side of the towel to dry my hair and face and the other to dry my feet.  I just don't like the idea of sticking my face where my feet just were on the towel, even though I am clean. It's a little weird, I know.   Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

I once knew a guy who would use one side of the towel to dry his face and the other side to dry his body - vertically.  He used one fresh towel and one fresh washcloth every two days.  Once one side of the towel got used, it got hung up a certain way so he knew which side to use the next day.  And after that use, it went straight to the dirty clothes.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    I love grapes and oranges but can't stand any candy/soda or anything flavored grape or orange.    That is at leat one of my weird quirks, I'm sure there are more!

Anniversary

• Options
    In relation to the sandwich eating... I eat all the way around the outside of anything, and then eat the middle last. A sandwich, a burger, anything like that... always the outside, then the middle.

I hate smoking. HATE. Even if I don't know you, I will obnoxiously cough & make a scene if I get caught in your downwind.

I have to have a water bottle in bed. NEED.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_getting-to-know-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:fe3c0469-b5fc-4a9d-aeb8-dfd4f30ab0b3Post:a167b59d-8d2c-4961-964b-69a7c1f46589">Re: Getting to know YOU!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Every meal I eat, I always leave a bite. Very rarely do I ever eat everything on my plate.</strong> I also check in the shower before I go to the bathroom. (Don't want to get attacked with my pants down!) I work in a childrens hospital so I'm used to talking to little ones all day. So sometimes I come home and I'm still talking in my baby voice and I realize I'm back in big person land and it's time to talk normal. I love pickles. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.
    Posted by Jessimb0587[/QUOTE]
    I do this too - unless I'm eating a hamburger or ice cream.  With the hamburger, at least, I usually leave some of the fries uneatten.  Ice cream I just can't bring myself to waste - it's my favorite food, next to strawberries.

My pet peeve would be people who drive under the speed limit.  If it's at least around the speed limit it's not too bad, but people regularly go 5-10 miles under, which drives me nuts.
  • Options
    When I get out of the shower, I hold my towel at arms length and carefully check it for spiders.   Then turn it around and carefully check the other side before drying off.  I think at one point I must have seen a spider on my towel, but I can't remember when.  I have been doing this for at least 10 years. 

I love grapes and grape flavored things (candy/pop) but I HATE grape juice.  So gross!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Quirks: I have to have a water bottle within reach of my bed. When I'm driving I sing so I have to have music on. I'm a night owl mixed with an early bird.... Oh and I have to have some part of covers on at least for me to be able to sleep.
    Ya I have a ton of other little quirks as well. Like I can't sleep well if it's windy out and sleep like I'm dead if it's raining. I think that's one of the weirder ones.

Pet Peeves: Snobs and dogs pooping in airports.

Must haves: Coffee, Jay, oxygen, other living esentials like water and a roof over my head.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards