Snarky Brides

I feel like a Crazy Lady...

My wedding is in 12 days and all I can do is cry. Everyone and everything is hurting my feelings and I feel like I'm going crazy...:(

I wish I had thicker skin or another year to do this...ah!

Am I the only one who feels like this?

Re: I feel like a Crazy Lady...

• I didn't feel like that 12 days out.  What's going on?
    panther
  • I like your screenname.

I did get stressed out a few weeks before my wedding, but by then, it was only things I had to get done, and not people, that was stressful.
  • I think I'm just stressed. Our wedding is super DIY and I've been swamped for months creating all the flowers and deco and planning and what not.

Our RSVP deadline passed and we didn't get all the responses, of course. Totally normal - but - I'm taking some people's lack of response so personally! I don't know why. 

Also - my bachelorette was last Friday and everyone flaked. Even one of my bridesmaids. While I'm trying to brush it off - I think it really, super, hurt my feelings.

My Fiance's boss is giving him crap for having to take off a few hours here and there during the next couple of weeks and its making me crazy! My Fiance hasn't taken a vacation in 5 years and we're having to give his boss a minute-by-minute detail on how long each of these errands will take. And - I have no idea! Some things just take as long as they take, ya know? 

Maybe I am just crazy...:( (As I sit here balling my stupid eyes out!!!)

What is wrong with me? lol 
  • Does your fiancé need to be with you for ever errand? I know it's helpful to have him around. Ut my H couldn't get any time off right before the wedding. I was lucky that my mom was able to help me when I needed someone else.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, he has to go and pick up his all his clorhing and another errand that he needs to physically do himself. Other then that - I've been pretty much handling it all.

I think I do need a day or two not to think about this stuff anymore....

I'm going to try and re-group and brush it all off.

Thanks for being here - I think if I told anyone I know how I"m feeling - they'd think I really am crazy, selfish and stupid...

• Honestly, you probably need a little time off of weddings. Don't beat yourself up over that. It's normal.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    I did feel overwhelmed a couple weeks before the wedding.  I kept telling my FI "we should have eloped".  Trust me, it will pass.
    Anniversary
  • Yeah.  Definitely take a day off from it all.  It will all work out just fine if you take one day off and not worry about it.  Go for a run, take a hot bath, watch your favorite movie with a glass of wine.  Just do something that helps you take your mind off all the crap :)
    panther
  • Thanks everyone. It helps just to vent!

Day off commencing now....:)
  • I had a mini freak out the week before my wedding because of stress.  Just try to relax.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • fiancé

Why does it show up like this when some people write FI?

Ok, back to OP. I agree with JCB, dont sweat the small stuff, if some things dont get done, who will know. Your guests have no way of knowing that you were planning on surrounding your tables with live butterflies. So, if it doesnt happen, they wont care because they dont know. (that was a joke by the way, but you get my point).

I went into it wanting a great day my H and will remember forever, if one thing fell by the wayside, eh, the world didnt end.

As far as your friends flaking, that sucks, but I'm going to use a partyline, no one cares about your wedding as much as you do, but you and hopefully you FI. Just let it go, I'm sure they have things going on in their lives as well.

Take a bath, drink some wine, read a book. Anything but wedding stuff at least for one day. Good Luck and have fun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad you're able to take a day off! You totally deserve a break. And just remember that your wedding is going to be breath-taking and unique from all of your hard DIY work! 

And if you start to feel flustered in the last few days, try some breathing excercises. They really do work! 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I'm happy to say that most of everything is done. Thank goodness! I have a couple of things here and there, but its mostly done.

Its only 11:37 where I am - and I am totally tempted to drink a glass of wine right now! lol

It will be ok. In my heart I know this - I just need to de-stress a bit. 

Thank you guys! :)
  • Kd- it does that when I type on my iPad. I wonder if it's apple products?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-feel-like-a-crazy-lady?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c71b57b5-c747-4403-8927-53f302526bf9Post:58344dab-0a59-4fe6-accc-0d169124f9fb">Re: I feel like a Crazy Lady...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kd- it does that when I type on my iPad. I wonder if it's apple products?
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....could be. It looks like a trademark symbol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just try an relax. Weddings can be stressful. Do whatever it is that calms you down. Good luck and congrats on your approaching wedding.
  • Its okay sweet heart, I know it can get stressful. Remember to breath and that this is about your love. Not flowers or people or anything else. You are marrying what I would assume is your soul mate so just focus on that! Good luck to you and I hope it calms down for you.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards