African American Weddings
Options

premarital counseling ?

Hey Girls

FI & I have been together for 6 years and will be getting married on our 7th year. We talked to our officiant yesterday and he suggested premartial counseling. For the most part, FI & I gets along pretty well.. We don't argue alot, we have disagreements but one of us usually gives in and let the other have his way.  My questions is, who's had premartial counseling if you were already in a long term relationship. I understand this for new couples but would like some in sight for the ones that's been together.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: premarital counseling ?

• Options
    We plan on doing premarital counseling and we have been together for 11 years
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were just 3 years together but it was FANTASTIC !!

Id recommend it for anyone at any stage in the game.  Hubbie says he wouldnt mind doing 6month "check ups" either
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I highly recommend premaritial counseling for every couple getting married. Marriage is an important step in your lives which you already know. For us, counseling enhanced our relationship and built upon the great foundation we already have. I say go for it...it won't hurt for sure. Hopefully, it will enhance your relationship and upcoming marriage, especially if the counselor is a good one. I am almost certain the counseling sessions will help you to learn at least one thing you did not know about each other that can make a difference in your relationship. The counselor always gave us things to think about....Jay and I always had great discussions after the counseling session. That in itself was a plus. 

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes, definitely do it. It doesn't matter how long you have been with a person. We did awesome and it bought us closer. We have been together 3 years, by the time the wedding comes, it will be 4...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    We were together 6 years and had 5 sessions of counseling. I highly recommend it even if it confirms what you already know.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies..... We will most def look into counseling.. I'm excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad your are going to do it. We were together 4 years and did a total of 9 sessions. It has made life so much better... esp in the way we fight, solve problems, and communicate. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Weve been together about as long as you have and we are going to premarital counseling. I would so reccommend it! Preparing for the finality of being husband and wife is just... Eye opening
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_premarital-counseling-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d3d1fd9f-f6eb-4c3c-9ed2-2418597435cfPost:85780697-92e7-4a47-9d22-7fa41cdddbbe">Re: premarital counseling ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We plan on doing premarital counseling and we have been together for 11 years
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

We are going on 13 years together and definitely will be doing premarital counseling...I would suggest it to any and everyone getting married...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    This is not my first marriage and I did not think it was impaortant to go since he was my high school sweethaert total 7 yrs together b4 we got married and not even a yr we ended up getting a divorce.....So now I'm definetly planning on going this time around and we have been together for 4 1/2 yrs 
  • Options
    We did it! We've been together 3 years and our relationship post-counselling has never been better. It has also really given us a drive to set a foundation for our future together; we are currently working on a family declaration.
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone.. My FI thinks since we been together this long thats its not needed, i explaibed to him what all of you said and hes willing to go..I will keep you all posted. First session will be next month.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards