New York-Upstate
Options

DJ Albany/Saratoga/LG Area

Hi all,

I'm looking for a GREAT DJ for my September 2011 wedding. My fiance and I are a bit picky about music, and I really want everyone up and dancing all night long. There are a few songs we want to make sure get played, and a few we want to make sure don't (chicken dance, for example).

I've come across the following names in my search : Nate Miller from Piano Man, Jeffrey Scott, Greg Frasier, Adam Conway and Andy Pratt.

Does anyone have experiences with any of these DJs that they would be willing to share with me? While I would prefer the idea of a band, our space is limited and some of the music is a little obscure, so I think a DJ would be best... but I really want to pick the right one.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ Albany/Saratoga/LG Area

• Options
    Sabrajoi1Sabrajoi1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Conway. I met with Russ (one of the DJ's) and I think he is going to be the perfect addition to a great wedding for us. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not on your list, but we used Dave Cannon of Elite Sounds Entertainment. 

I thought he was great (our wedding was this past weekend). He played our requests, was professional, and was great to work with before the event. The price was right, too. 

His contact info is:

http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Kevin Colangelo and I can tell you he is excellent and nothing like the other DJs we have seen over the years - he has a wonderful British accent that adds class to your reception and his equipment and free up lighting incredible - our wedding was awesome and people are bugging us over and over about how great it was;
    His personal site is
    www.djkevincolangelo.com
    his number is 315 952 4653 and 315 445 9800
    He books years in advance so I would email him quickly;
    congrats to you both!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you and congratulations!! How did the cake from the LG Baking Company turn out??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about Andy Pratt. I used Kenny Casanova for my wedding and he was fantastic and was very reasonably priced so I would highly recommend him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Paul Malo, he is awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would second the choice of Greg Frasier! 
  • Options
    TinyTina1985TinyTina1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Recently went to a wedding where Nate Miller was the DJ, we loved him so much that we probably going to book him for our wedding too!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Kevin Colangelo -
    www.djkevincolangelo.com

He has a great British accent and is incredible and is not like any other DJ we have ever seen - his equipment is mind blowing and his presentation so different - you need to check him out and set up a meeting with him - we still get people calling us about him nearly a year after our wedding!
    Burt and Cheryl
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Book Nate fast, because he's already booked for my date next September!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    checked out Nate Miller video ugh..blow up instruments !! I think not and all those CHEESY songs celebration and all that nonsense - er no thank you and a tacky banner at the reception second no.....looks more like a school dance with those blow up intruments..so tacky
    Burt and Cheryl
  • Options
    NadiaKahnNadiaKahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used Kenny Casanova! We agree he was a lot of fun and also at a great price. He had a great start price and lots of options to customize the wedding so we got and only paid for just what we wanted. In the end, we added three packages and he was still about 30% cheaper than the other four DJs we had contacted.

He was really easy to work with, super laid back and understanding and very accomodating. He is out of Troy or Albany, NY area I think. We highly recommended him!   

518-506-3305 and  www.thedjservice.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards