Florida-South Florida
Options

Pashmina or Blanket?

I want to do something like this for my guests.

Since it will be December outside I figure it could be kind of chilly. Do you think these are pashmina's or blankets? And how many should I buy for a 100 person wedding? Any idea where I could get a good deal?

Re: Pashmina or Blanket?

• Options
    edited December 2011

what a great idea that would be!
    hmm I think Pashminas are prettier....
    I think I would by 60 of them...1/2 of the amount of guests, plus a couple more just in case :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    REINATAPIAREINATAPIA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with the Pashmina's they have great prices for them in an Indian Store in Merchandide Mart which is located inside the double tree on 72 ave. and NW 7 Street
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea too! I think those are pashminas and blankets will be too bulky.

They sell them at Bixou Turer at the Miami Merchandise Mart (Where the Sheraton is near the Airport) for like $4 each. They might also have them cheaper in other stores there. If not maybe online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WholesalePashminaScarves.com has them for 3.95 each
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You ladies are awesome! Thanks for all the store options!!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that they're pashminas. Also, I would only get enough for the females at your wedding. I doubt the men will be throwing those over their shoulders. Lol. GL!
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks twinkle! I was thinking around 30 I figured some people won't take them. Is that too few? Its like 1/2 the female guests
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would stick closer with the number of female guests, only because I think most of the females would really like and probably want to take one. But if you're sure not all the females will take one, go with your gut and get 30.

HTH!
  • Options
    2BMrsAnthony2BMrsAnthony member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they are pashmia's also.  I saw on another post someone who is doing a winter wedding.  She ordered a bunch of these super plush baby blankets actually (in white), but they were big enough for her to drape over the chairs of the female guests for the same reason you mentioned, in case they get cold.  Her wedding is 11-11-11 so she had them embroidered with that date and the word 'BELIEVE' in silver.

She said she ordered about 50 of them so the company gave her a REALLY good discount.  Here is the link: http://www.lil-inspirations.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=76

I love both ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards