Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Shower gifts delievered to our home...already!

ok. so when we arrived home today, there was a giant box on our front steps.  we figured out that it was a shower gift from a good friend of ours that lives out of state.  our question is: the shower isn't until june 30th - I don't want to wait till july to send a thank you note, but what is the etiquette rules? send now? send later?

should I call and ask if she wants me to bring it to the shower?

i'm so confused.

help please.

thanks in advance.
221 Invited image
185 Ready to Rock! image
36 Party Poopers image
0 Can't find the mailbox image

Re: Shower gifts delievered to our home...already!

• Options
    It is always proper to send a thank you note when you receive a gift, no matter when it was intended for.  It also lets the giver know that you have received the gift.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Open it now and send a thank you note.  Unless it's clearly for the shower (like it says so on the packing slip message), don't specify that it's a shower or a wedding gift.  You've got plenty of time until the shower, so your friend can tell you after she gets your TY note if she had meant for you to bring it to the shower.
  • Options
    We rec'd ANOTHER gift today!!! hahaha

Thanks for your advice! I will send TYs out this weekend!

221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
  • Options
    How exciting.  Love presents. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    yep send a thank you right away!

we are having our gifts sent to my parents house because our current apartment is too small to store everything, and this way we can choose what gifts we'd like now and which we need to store at their house for a little longer.  At first I was planning to go to their house every few weeks to open the gifts, but one of our family members got upset that she didn't hear from us RIGHT AWAY acknowledging that we got the gift.  So now when a gift is delivered to my parents house, my mom opens it while we watch on FaceTime lol! Then we send out that thank you RIGHT AWAY. 

Guests would rather get an acknowledgement for the gift than care if you opened it at home or at the shower.

Also I think it might be kind of weird to bring gifts to the shower if someone mailed it before hand, just to open more gifts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks again girls!!
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards