• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Kentucky-Louisville

Artificial Flowers?!?!

I am really trying to debate on if I should get real or fake flowers. My wedding's prime focus will be the room and uplighting and the only flowers I will have is for the bridal party. Are artificial flowers cheaper? Where would I go to get them? Or is it better to get real flowers?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Artificial Flowers?!?!

• Jenn7907Jenn7907 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been wondering the same thing...we'll see if anyone has some good advice.
  • edited December 2011
    From what I've seen it all depends on the flowers you pick. Fakes and be just as expensive as real ones if you get the high quality real touch type. If you're planning on putting the bouquets together yourself another thing to consider is the time. Real ones would have to be put together between 1-2 days before the wedding (again depending on your flower choices) and refrigerated until the wedding. Fake would also give more room for error and time to get it just how you like. 

Here are some of the better sites I've found for the fake flowers and supplies.
     As far as real flowers Sam's club on-line, fiftyflowers, are popular sites. There is also a new company that is local, which if you're one to worry about delivery problems (like me) might be a good option. I don't know anyone that has used them yet though. 

HTH I used to work at a florist so let me know if you have any other questions I'll try to help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    From what I've heard, nice artificial flowers can be just as expensive as real flowers.  Everytime I've seen a post about artificial flowers, the majority of the responses suggest just going for real flowers.

If you want to try to find something cheaper than flowers, there are many DIY options for bouquets such as paper flowers, pinwheels, paper pomanders, etc.  Check out the DIY board.  The girls on there have great ideas for different bouquets.
  • tmc0413tmc0413 member
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Thx for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards