Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

thinking of changing my colors!

5 months to go and I am thinking of changing my colors of black and white to black and ivory/cream!

The main reason is because I don't want to pay 600.00 to rent black and white linens. Our venue has free ivory linens and napkins. I want black table cloths for dinner tables and I am willing to pay for those. I am not willing to pay for white or black napkins and high top linens. Do you think this will throw my whole look off? Other than my dress and the stationary, there isn't a lot of white, it's mostly black.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: thinking of changing my colors!

• Options
    LucaVCLucaVC member
    First Comment
    I would agree. White can be too white at times. Black and ivory creme are much more elegant and vintage-y.

Visit Italian.weddings.com
  • Options
    Definitely agree with the PP...and I don't think it'll throw your look off at all.  If anything, it sounds more elegant to me.  I always think white is too white also.
  • Options
    def agree with the pp's. ivory sounds more elegant and has a more vintage feel to it. good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    After much back and forth between black and white or black and ivory, we're doing black and ivory. It's a much nicer combination, and far more classic, imho.

I think it'll still look *lovely* with both white and ivory, just try to think of it along the lines of a monochrome theme as if you were putting together a few different shades of blue or something. You might even consider adding some cream or champagne elements if the difference between your ivory and white is too drastic

Also, check it out - http://www.prye.com/view/wedding_colors.html - black, white and ivory is on here ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards