Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

getting ready hotel!

Hey everyone!

I know there was just a recent post about where to get ready around the Wax Museum, and I am facing a similar dilemma around Immaculate Conception! 

I did look into the Audobon cottages mentioned on the prior post, and while they look divine, they are also over $700/night for my weekend in October *eep* so I would love if you ladies had any other thoughts??

Thanks, as always! 

Re: getting ready hotel!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_getting-ready-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:f617d70d-908a-4124-86df-9203ca3fc852Post:c6e3d397-14bc-423f-a605-60479547a767">getting ready hotel!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone! I know there was just a recent post about where to get ready around the Wax Museum, and I am facing a similar dilemma around Immaculate Conception!  I did look into the Audobon cottages mentioned on the prior post, and while they look divine, they are also over $700/night for my weekend in October *eep* so I would love if you ladies had any other thoughts?? Thanks, as always! 
    Posted by NolaBride2012[/QUOTE]

You can get a suite at most of the hotels for $250-400/night.  The Roosevelt, The Renaissance and Wyndham all have hotels on that block.
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    The back door of the Roosevelt is directly across the street from Immaculate Conception, I would go with them just because all you have to do is walk across the street.  The Ritz is probably about a block away, and Le Pavilion is up the street about 3 blocks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick responses ladies! 

I guess I should have been more specific... while I'm familiar with the hotels in the area, I'm less familiar with those who have spacious suites, opportunities for pre-wedding pictures, large and spacious bathrooms, etc. So if anyone has information with regards to that, much appreciated! 
  • Options
    The Ritz has some pictures of their suites on their website and from what I remember about looking into it, they were affordable (around $450) if I remember correctly.  A friend of mine got married there and she loved her suite.
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    The Roosevelt definitely has spacious suites, but they do cost more.  The Windsor Court great suites and places to take photos, but they're going to be further away.   

Any of the hotels will show you the different suites they have, just make sure you call to see about this when they're not packed.  I've had to do this when my boss was considering renting a suite for a week to work out of and wanted to make sure it would work, and it was no big deal, took all of 10 minutes.  If you're going to do that, I would get an idea of what they have from the website, and then just ask to see the ones you're seriously considering.  

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I got ready at the Ritz and stayed in an Executive Suite. It had two bathrooms, a bedroom and a sitting room. It was a beautiful suite but a bit croweded with all of us in there. I had 6 bridesmaids, 4 flower girls, my mom, a reader plus our coordinator and the hair and makeup artists! Then the videographers and photographers arrived. Lots of people!! My advice is to keep your guests to minimum where ever you decide to stay. A side from being crowded, the Ritz was nice and sent up 8 robes for us to wear while we got our hair and makeup done. They also set up a meeting room for my fiance and his groomsmen to hang out in before the wedding.
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I'm still trying to figure out where i'm getting ready too... the thing that i keep wondering... yea paying 350 for a suite isnt horrible for one night. But don't you need to get it for at least 2 nights? Because you'd need to start getting ready earlier than regular check in time?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There's really no getting around it.  You'll need to book the room for two days.
  • Options
    What worked out for us was to book a regular room and then be persistent with asking for an upgrade.  I emailed the same person at the W Hotel (in the CBD) probably about 4 times over a year's time to ask what she thought our odds were.  She upgraded us in January for our May wedding for ALL eight nights we were staying there.  We hardly even used the suite part, except when the girls were getting ready (and to store my dress) but it was awesome to have.  Plus if we needed to spread out mid-week it worked out well. Good luck!  Oh, and PS, if you do end up doing that make sure your fiance has a place to get ready (we forgot about that part and had to scramble the day of!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards