Military Brides

Military bride question

What is your favorite thing about your fianc or husband being in the military?

Re: Military bride question

• I for one love him in his uniform, but I love the sacrifice he's willing to make to make my country a better place :
  • I don't really have a favorite thing about him being in the military.  I just see it as his job.  I mean I have favorite things about my H but none of them are military related. 

For example, I love that he screams at the football games on TV just like me and he does not think I am crazy for it.
  • I like the prospect of travel and seeing different places that his job provides. In a way it's really great for us to be able to strike out on our own to parts unknown, like a trapeze without a net. It's allowed us to really know each other much better and we have to work at meeting people. Also, having nice insurance will be a pleasant change of pace. 

Him being in the military doesn't change how I view him (I'd love him no matter what he did) but it does change our prospects and how we are able to live our lives, and I think more for the better than for the worse. 
  • DISCOUNTS! hahah ok No.
    ...maybe.

I don't really know. I love that he's proud to serve. He fufilled his dream of becoming an officer in the military. It's honorable. :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • All said and done I agree with Crown. My favorite things about him have nothing to do with his job. My favorite things about the military are listed above. I think they're two very separate things to me.

• tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-bride-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d17a317e-5ba2-40ba-ab4b-1eeb163c0a5bPost:086eb35b-c0ad-4bac-8030-f2ec51266792">Re: Military bride question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really have a favorite thing about him being in the military.  I just see it as his job.  I mean I have favorite things about my H but none of them are military related.  For example, I love that he screams at the football games on TV just like me and he does not think I am crazy for it.
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

True, it is a job. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to really say what he liked about me as an OT for Social Services. ...maybe the pay.

My favorite thing about H is how much of a gentleman he can be! It still tears me up sometimes. I'm very grateful.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My favorite thing about him being in the military is how excited he gets about his job.  He loves what he does and he's really good at it.  His face lights up when he talks about what he does.  It's so adorable, but it's love for his job and our country that makes me love it so much. 

Like others have said, my most favorite things about him aren't military related.   
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-bride-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:d17a317e-5ba2-40ba-ab4b-1eeb163c0a5bPost:40bc0ee8-d505-40b6-b172-b8418b200c56">Re: Military bride question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Military bride question : True, it is a job. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to really say what he liked about me as an OT for Social Services. ...maybe the pay. My favorite thing about H is how much of a gentleman he can be! It still tears me up sometimes. I'm very grateful.
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

I am still not totally sure that my H even knows what it is that I do during the day at work.  HAA I mean he is not like "I love that you can make a student's schedule."  HAA
  • I must say that I LOVE that he is gone for 9+ months at a time... LOVE it. *cough* not. *cough*  But I harp on the "Its just a job thing"like crown.  I always think of reverse like "What does my H love about my job as a business analyst..." umm.. the paycheck?

But generally what I love about him? Heck I love everything about him... He is truly a perfect match for me. My most recent favorite memory is.... Singing (purposfully) off key as loud as possible and making up what we think the words should say. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-bride-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:d17a317e-5ba2-40ba-ab4b-1eeb163c0a5bPost:863211cf-5a19-4ebb-8e7f-bb39aa4f6b07">Re: Military bride question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Military bride question : I am still not totally sure that my H even knows what it is that I do during the day at work.  HAA I mean he is not like "I love that you can make a student's schedule."  HAA
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]
    Hahah right there with ya Crown!
  • What I like about the military is that DH loves the crap out of being a SM and his job makes him happy even when it gets frustrating. Personally, even if DH weren't a service member, I admire the brotherhood and heritage that is a part of it. Like everyone else, though, I certainly don't like DH because of the military. I like him for a bunch of other reasons.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh and DH totes loves me for my current job. He often says "I'm so glad we can discuss respiratory/airway medicine together."
  • This question has always bothered me.  It always feels like people assume that's why we married our husbands.  I married my husband for him, not because he's a soldier.  I've never asked my friend what her favorite part is of her H being a landscaper.  It's odd.  
    No one ever asked my husband what his favorite part of me being in the military was.  He'd probably look at them like they were nuts and say that I had a completely  different understanding of his job than the average wife.  
  • I'm the one in the military (Army Reserves), and my FI HATES it. I have 9 months left til I ETS, and we both can't wait for me to be completely done with it. It takes me away from him, from our kids, and from our life that we are trying to build together. We are both private, introvert homebodies, and for us, the travel and pittling pay isn't worth it. It's an added stress that I'll be happy to leave behind me.

I'm also not a fan of the assumption that "military bride" means that the man is in the military XD
  • He's in the army, that isn't what drew me to him, it was his quorky sometimes "special" sense of humor and the stupid crap he does. I don't identify myself as an "army wife" I actually try to stay away from those that do, simply b/c there is too much drama there.....
  • Well I don't think that you guys are only with them or marrying them because theyre in the military. I was just wondering what was your favorite part about him/her being in the military. :
  • Insurance and a pay check? His sexy assss you could bounce a quarter off of?  
  • I love my husband simply for the fact that he would do anything for us and our future! Would we reenlist/ re-up the contract NO because he is currently deployed to Afghanistan. (I say we because your both committed to his/her contract.) The downfall of the military lifestyle... deployments. The upside is that we grew together through this experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards