Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Blah: NWR life vent (LONG)

Ok this post really has no point to it besides me venting about nothing important so I will not feel bad if it completely gets ignored :)

I don't know if it's the weather or what but I just feel like I am in a funk lately!  Today over my lunch break from my current job (which I like and was not even planning on leaving anytime soon) I did a phone interview with another company with an open position in my field.  I basically felt forced to do it.... FIs friend works for this company (It's a small company less than 20 people) and they had an opening so he told my FI about it and FI told him (with out asking me first) that I would get my resume to him ASAP.   Ummm ok thanks for asking if I was even interested. lol Pretty sure FI knows I already feel stressed out with wedding planning, CPA exam studying, working oh and having somewhat of a life...I was not in the mood to deal with this.  Well just to not make FIs friend look bad I submitted an updated resume (which I had to put together quickly and I don't think I did a very good job on) and got a phone call yesterday from the company.  To be honest I had already forgot about submitting my resume lol.  So I called back today and did a brief phone "interview"  SO mad at myself, I did not do a good job explaining my qualifications and my current job so I came out of it feeling like a complete idiot.  Like I said I wasn't initially even interested in switching jobs at this point in life but now I am disappointed in my effort!
I would normally be super interested in this position but I just felt forced to do it which made  me feel very uncomfortable with it but after talking with them it sounds like a great opportunity....which is why I am mad at myself...needless to say, FI pretty gave me the "I told you so" speech haha

BLAH.... life lesson : ALWAYS be prepared and do your best.... 

I'd rather have them love me and make it my decision if I want the job or not....

Anyway, just wanted to vent....sorry if anyone actually read my hard to understand ramblings!!

Oh and we have to go finally meet for the first time tonight (for real this time lol) with FIs pastor...I am sure I will leave there feeling like an idiot too!  HAA I am ready for this day to be over, for sure!
June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Blah: NWR life vent (LONG)

• Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <hugs>

I think we all need spring to come.  It's definitely the weather.  Good luck with the pastor tonight!
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

:: also hugs :: 

Try not to beat your self up or worry too much. On one of my past jobs, I hung up from the phone interview and started crying to my then H because I thought I had bombed it.  I ended up getting hired. 

Good luck tonight as well!

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_blah-nwr-life-vent-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:cf5caeb5-530b-49d6-8a30-cd73779e48a2Post:60c1731d-e23e-4c19-b0f9-d314cc87af25">Re: Blah: NWR life vent (LONG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]:: also hugs ::  Try not to beat your self up or worry too much. On one of my past jobs, I hung up from the phone interview and started crying to my then H because I thought I had bombed it.  I ended up getting hired.  Good luck tonight as well!
    Posted by k8ly[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Haha too funny :)

And yes Heather...Spring can come ANYTIME...too bad January isn't even over yet. Yuck.
    </font></strong>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (((HUGS)))) Its hard when you are rushed, it was your decision to begin with. You were doing FI a favor and its understandable to me why it wasn't really a priority.

My last job interview I thought I bombed it. I went blank faced a couple of times and said I honestly don't know and they were feeding me answers etc. I got in the car and literally said "Thank you God for this humbling experience, I was in way over my head." FastForward to the next day and they gave me the position. I was shocked.
    Keep your head up, you really don't know until you get the "we went in another direction" call. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Today is a crappy day. You're not the first person I've heard say that today... not that it helps you at all. But at least know you're not alone ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can understand your frustration here... I hope the rest of your night went/goes better!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh this is why i love this place :) thanks for the kind words ladies!!

And yes, the afternoon/evening was better!  And we survived the meeting with the pastor haha it actually was enjoyable for me! It's FIs church and he seemed nervous the whole time...it was kind of comical
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were opposite- It was my church but FI seemed more nervous... Yet I was the one that made the ass out of myself. The Priest asked me about being concerned with Debt, and I thought he said Death so I went into this long story about my Dad dying after almost a 5-10 min. rant FI finally broke in and was like what does this have to do with Money?!?! haha I wanted to crawl into a hole!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_blah-nwr-life-vent-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:cf5caeb5-530b-49d6-8a30-cd73779e48a2Post:cdc9a971-003c-4c12-98fa-3509026aea1a">Re: Blah: NWR life vent (LONG)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were opposite- It was my church but FI seemed more nervous... Yet I was the one that made the ass out of myself. The Priest asked me about being concerned with Debt, and I thought he said Death so I went into this long story about my Dad dying after almost a 5-10 min. rant FI finally broke in and was like what does this have to do with Money?!?! haha I wanted to crawl into a hole!
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">hahahahaha oh gosh, that sounds like something I'd do too!! Funny!!</font></strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards