Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Groom's Luncheon

Hi all!  We are having our bridal luncheon at Commander's Palace, but we are trying to determine where the groom should have his luncheon.  They definitely want something with lots of character and NO flair.  Any ideas?

Re: Groom's Luncheon

• Options
    My husband went to Crazy Johnnie's, but maybe Acme Oyster House would be good for the guys or American Sector.

I don't really know what your description means.
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant NO as in New Orleans. Acme would be great, but we're having our welcome party there that same night. We'll check out Crazy Johnnie' though. Thanks!
  • Options
    Are you looking more for something in Metairie or are you open to going into the French Quarter? You could check out the Napoleon House (has TONS of character and they make great drinks) or the Bourbon House in the Quarter. Crazy Johnnie's is delicious, too. It's my FI favorite restaurant in Fat City.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    My husband actually took them to Crazy Johnnie's after they all picked up their tuxes at John's Tuxedos.  They had a blast.

Maybe Jacque-imo's might be a good bet.
  • Options
    Jaques-Imo's would be awesome but I think they are only open for dinner.  Could he do it as a dinner? (They have a lunch place but it's counter service - Crabby Jack's). There are some great steakhouses that would be fun for a guy's meal - I know The Rib Room has some really neat private rooms (in the wine cellars), Brennan's steakhouse, or Charlie's uptown - all have that 'guy' vibe.  Not so much New Orleans flair I guess though.  Maybe Mahoney's or another poboy place that has a bar?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards