Arizona-Tucson

Cannot find a venue!!!

I am having the hardest time finding a decent venue in Tucson.   The problem is that we are on a budget and only have about $4000 to spend.  

We want a place for an OUTDOOR reception, preferably a courtyard type setting.  But a garden or something might work as well.  My vision is to have white lights strung over the top and white christmas lights all over the place.

We would like a place where we can choose our own caterer or do our own food.

Any suggestions??  This is so difficult to find for the price :-(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cannot find a venue!!!

• cfputneycfputney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try doing something like the Rose Gardens. I think they rent the sites around like 500 bucks. The rest of the stuff would be DYI but hey... you could still do a lot with 4 grand. Look up different parks on the parks and rec website! Lots of awesome ideas. Did you know you can get married on A Mountain? Weird! Just check it out. Hope you find something! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tucson Botanical Gardens?
  • swimgirl87swimgirl87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Botanical Gardens you have to be done really early :-(

I am in the process of looking for parks.

*sigh* this is so hard.
  • edited December 2011
    Look at tohono chul park. Its not a park park.... Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    try the San Pedro Chapel... I wanted to have hmy wedding there soooo badly but since i had a catholic ceremony it had to be in a catholic church... Anyways.. try san pedro chapel though... pretty rustic, but it is cheap and you basically have creative freedom as far as decorating and caterer etc.
  • edited December 2011
    Look into The Franklin House. I booked my April 2013 wedding there and it is beautiful! You only rent out the grounds and bring in all your own people (caters, bartenders, etc) They don't advertise but the people who live there are so nice and helpful. Best of luck!
  • swimgirl87swimgirl87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  The Franklin House sounds awesome.   If I may ask, what is the rate they are charging you?  And do you have any pictures?  I cannot find any online.

:-)
  • edited December 2011
    I second San Pedro Chapel. I've heard it's beautiful and affordable. I'm getting married at Hacienda del Lago, in Vail which is also beautiful and affordable, but you can't bring your own food or booze.
  • frankenbonniefrankenbonnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Franklin House today, and I agree that it is very nice and beautiful.  If we decide to do a DIY wedding, it'll most likely be there.  I also could not find a website for them, so they gave it to me:  https://sites.google.com/site/franklinhousetucson/home
  • Thanks for the website!!!

What price did they quote you?  I hate to go look at something only for them to quote me a price that is WAY out of price range and a waste of time.
  • I think it was $1000 to rent the space, but everything else you bring in yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards