Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

So about this whole name-change thing...

What's the easiest way to do this? DMV then SS office, or vice versa? Does that even matter in regards to those two?

I want to get it done now but have to wait til after the honemoon with my DL since th flights were booked in my maiden name.
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: So about this whole name-change thing...

• I did the DMV first for two reasons:  one, it was closest to my house, but second, if you go there first, you have an actual document with your new name to take with you to the SS office--your temporary license.  But lots of girls do it the other way too, it doesn't really matter.
  • If you are wanting to get part of the name change out of the way now without interfering with your tickets, I would go to the SS office first. It was super easy--just fill out the name-change paperwork from the Social Security Administration site before you go in along with your marriage license. I had my ID and SS card all ready to go, but he didn't even look at them. The card came in the mail about a week later. I haven't had a chance to go to DPS yet, but I think that part will be just as easy. It's just the waiting in line that sucks.
  • Cool. I have a half-day Wednesday on my way to a trade show so I'll knock SS out then. I already worked on the paperwork online too :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • I went to SS first-- it's amazing, it's the fastest!  DMV took over TWO HOURS.  Be prepared to wait.  Also, know that frequent flyer cards require you to fax your marriage license to change your name.  Still haven't gotten around to that...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_so-about-this-whole-name-change-thing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:8782394c-9c21-4914-be99-697f032a5831Post:9f2695b6-33f5-4f88-9a06-7d9d8fc2892a">Re: So about this whole name-change thing...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to SS first-- it's amazing, it's the fastest!  DMV took over TWO HOURS.  Be prepared to wait.  <strong>Also, know that frequent flyer cards require you to fax your marriage license to change your name</strong>.  Still haven't gotten around to that...
    Posted by laurencste[/QUOTE]

Oh good to know, thanks. I am due a free flight on one of them...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards