Wedding Party
Options

Only a little wedding related...

My MOH and her boyfriend of two years just broke up. I don't really know what to do. They're both my friends; she actually met him through me. She told me I'm not to treat him any differently than I did before, but it's hard when he broke my best friend's heart. 

I asked him to be an usher a while back and he never really gave me a concrete answer. We've both been busy, so I haven't pushed it. Now I don't know what to say. My MOH told me explicitly that he should still be invited and should still be an usher. 

What do I say to him about the break up and then much later on, about the wedding? I think he's an idiot for breaking up with her, but I'm a little biased. Should I even say anything to him? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Only a little wedding related...

• Options
    The break up is really none of your business unless he asks for your opinion about it (unlikely) so you shouldn't say anything.

You've asked him to be an usher so unless he says "I don't want to do it anymore," you shouldn't assume otherwise. Which mean's he's definitely invited. Your MOH is spot on on this one. She sounds like a very classy, mature lady. Send her my compliments and listen to her sound advice =)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's a really crappy situation to be in.  You've still got a while until your wedding, so I would just try to stay neutral, be a friend to both, and figure out his role in the wedding when it gets closer and the hurt isn't so raw.  There are a lot of different ways a breakup can go, and after a few months, it will be easier to see how these relationships are going to work out.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Say nothing to him about being in the wedding or about the breakup.  There's always a chance they could get back together, and emotions are running raw right now so how both of them feel today is in no way indicative of how they will both feel in May.  You've still got about 5 months to go until the wedding, so this isn't something worth dealing with right now.  I'm going to bet that he'll drop out on his own, but even if you hear nothing, just do nothing and see if he shows up.  This isn't something you need to prep for or replace.  One usher down won't be the end of the world.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Try not to worry about this.  People do sometimes get back together after breakups.  DH and I did.  Another friend who just got engaged had broken up with her FI a few years ago.  And if they don't, they are both adults and will handle themselves as such if your friend's request that you treat her ex the same as always holds true.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I think your MOH definitely has the right idea.  If she's the one whose heart was broken and she's willing to be the bigger person, I don't think you can afford not to be.  You have almost a full six months until your wedding.  You don't need to do anything about this right now.  Stay out of their break up and see what they want to do.  But since you've asked him, whether or not he remains in your wedding needs to be his call.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I agree. Wait. And then figure things out closer to the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards