California-Bay Area
Options

SF Wedding Venues

Hi ladies! I just got engaged and am so excited to start planning! Does anyone have any reasonably priced venue recommendations in SF or the surrounding areas? We're thinking about having the ceremony and reception at the same site with about 100-120 guests. Any advice on what websites to visit would be awesome as well.

Thank you SO much!!

-Tiffany

Re: SF Wedding Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.herecomestheguide.com it's the best resource, especially for finding a venue. Congratulations on your engagement!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found onewed was better than theknot for researching Bay Area venues.

As a general rule, my future husband and I are finding venues owned by the government (parks, courthouses, community centers, libraries, etc.) are less expensive than for-profit venues. Our search radius was about an hour from SFO - basically all of SF and the Peninsula, and maybe Oakland and Berkeley. For 100-150 people, the cheapest we found was around $1,000 just for the venue.
  • Options
    nanchi91nanchi91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Elisabeth regarding public venues being more affordable. The downside is, I notice sometime they're not as nice or have more restrictions or provide fewer services than others. I'm sure there are pros and cons to every venue though, especially on a budget.

I'm still searching for my venue.  Will provide an update once I get good leads.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards