New Jersey
Options

questions for videographers?

Meeting with my first videographer today, what questions should I ask?

Re: questions for videographers?

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What will we get?  What options are there?

All the basic what is your experience/how long have you been doing this stuff

What will the final video be like?  Length?  Chapters?  What else will be on the video (chapters of just toasts/just ceremony?)?  If you like those kinds of things, will there be an option to have photo montages?  What kind of special effects do they do?  (you want to make sure that you like their editing style)

Definitely watch a whole wedding video.

Ask about equipment -- how big is it?  what kind of lights and how bright are they?  do they shoot handheld or use tripods and such?  How big is any tripod-type equipment they use?  You want to see how in your face they are.  I've seen weddings where you couldn't tell there were videographers there, and ones where a HUGE cart thing was wheeled down the aisle between the MOH and the bride to hold the video camera steady.

If it is someone who shoots at your venue frequently, you may want to ask to watch 2 videos of weddings there, to make sure that they actually customize the video to each wedding.  You don't want them to recycle footage or to get lazy and shoot/edit your video just like the last one that was at your venue.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Uppereast! Also ask how long it will take for you to get the final video. Do you have a say on what can be edited out, or is it something they do on their own. Find out if they provide you with a copy of unedited footage (i.e., the entire day before it was edited) or does it cost extra. How many copies of the dvd's you get and how much extra copies are.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went to my first meeting as well. There were only a couple of other questions I asked not listed. Was the person I met actually going to be the one there on the day? I'm glad I asked b/c the gentleman said no it would be one of his guys. So that kind of turned me off. As well as do we have any say into the editing process? Such as do we get to select music? Do we get to choose the special effects? Do we get to see the video before it is finalized to make sure everything we want was included? GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards