North Carolina-Outer Banks

Decorating an event home

For those of you that got married in event homes, how did you attach your decorations?  Lots of tape?  Command hooks?  I really want to have white lights around the perimeter of my reception room near the ceiling, but I have no idea how to attach the lights.  Any suggestions would be great!

Re: Decorating an event home

• We only decorated the outside of the house with lights. We wrapped the lights around the handles of the deck.  Our backup plan if that didn't work would have been to use push pins.  Our reception was inside but we didn't put lights around the inside.  I'm not sure what you could use but I do not personally recommend command hooks.  I used them last year to hang stockings and it took the paint and drywall off my wall even though they "aren't supposed to." 
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • See if you can contact the owner or realty company and ask what they suggest.
  • We used zip ties. They are cheap and you can easily cut them down without runing paint or anything like that. But we did everything outside. For inside, maybe look into those 3M hooks that don't ruin the walls???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards