Just Engaged and Proposals

ENGAGED!!! the proposal...

It was June 3, 2012. The day after my 24th birthday. We were going hiking and rock climbing at Angel Rocks up here in Fairbanks, Alaska! We had been planning it for a while and we finally got to go. We packed up our gear and my siberian husky and we were off. The day was pretty much perfect. There was a nice drizzle on and off which is nice. We hiked approximately 2.5 miles along a river then straight up to the tors. We reached main rock and did some free climbing on it and decided to keep going up on the trail. The tors and trail made a loop. We got to the highest point and I decided to climb up to the top of this giant tor. It was BEAUTIFUL! He climbed up and was like "WOW! Let me grab the camera!" So he climbed down and then climbed back up and was setting up the camera to take a picture so I thought. I was standing there posing and he gets next to me then gets down on one knee and I said "NOOOO way !!!are you serious?!" Then he pulled a ring out of his pocket, grabbed my hand and said " I love you and I want to spend forever with you, will you marry me" And before he even got the question out I kept saying "yeah, yeah, YEAH!!" And afeter he asked I said "YES!! are you serious!?" He was like "YES I'm serioius" and we were laughing and *gasp* he dropped the ring!! We almost lost it off the top of the mountain but he caught it!!! He proposed to me with my Grandmother's ring. My mother had given the ring to him at Christmas when she was up visiting. I had NO CLUE! It was so special!!! I couldn't believe it!!! We were doing what we love with who we love and the people we love were in on it! I was so giddy the rest of the day!!! The trail was narrow so I walked behind him and he would turn around and laugh at my grin!!! I couldn't stop!! We did some more climbing and we also did some repelling and had a picnic. We had NO cell reception so I had to wait the whole day before I could tell anyone. It was the most amazing day. It couldn't have been more perfect!!!

AWW We're so excited!! And we really JUST NOW started on planning.. 

Re: ENGAGED!!! the proposal...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards