Michigan-Detroit
Options

Where did you get your engagement pics done?

Its time for us to get ours done....and we are trying to decide where.
Daisypath Wedding tickers
200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st

Re: Where did you get your engagement pics done?

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Belle Isle in Detroit.  I thought they turned out really nice especially since there's a mix of both nature and urban all in one place.
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are going to MSU for ours because we both graduated from there and will have plenty of wedding pics in Detroit, so we figured why not?!

I've heard Cranbook is nice, and so is Meadowbrook Hall. Could also do any of the local downtowns (Royal Oak, Plymouth, Rochester, etc.) I've seen some cute ones in those spots!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Downtown Plymouth (Kellogg Park and in other shopping areas) and Sean O'Callaghans in Plymouth (the restaurant we met at). :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have thought about Belle Isle. Ive never been!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_did-engagement-pics-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:d2e71f8c-2ece-4f4a-838d-fbf67b1c0d70Post:0c710046-6658-4a8b-8e0d-ceb406bcff84">Re: Where did you get your engagement pics done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have thought about Belle Isle. Ive never been!
    Posted by missmelanie81[/QUOTE]

ha!  Neither had I until the day of our e-pics.  I have some pics in my planning bio if you want a look.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are this Friday and we are going to Meadowbrook Hall, I will let you know how I like it and how they turn out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Holly Recreation area.  They turned out nice.  It was a lot of greenery and a little bit of beach.   Did your photographer give you any reccomendation?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We took ours in Birmingham because we wanted something from where we live. It's cute and makes me smile to drive home and pass by where we took our pictures :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We r planning to do ours in downtown plymouth since we live in Plymouth and go downtown a lot. I would pick a place that has a different feel than where you are having your wedding day pics done at just for some variety. I also think it's cute to do them somewhere that means something to you guys. That being said I saw some e pics recently that were taken at mill race in northville that were very nice. I'm taking my wedding day pics at the botanical gardens in Ann arbor and IMO it's really nice there too!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You didn't specify a geographic area (east v west), so not sure what's close to you.

We did ours at Greenmead Village, where we are having our ceremony and reception. It's a city owned park in Livonia with historic buildings and fabulous gardens. Open every day until sundown. Links on my bio below to venue info (use Vendor link) and the pictures we had done on photos link, engagement pics.

You probably want to check the location's  event or calendar link for any planned dates there because they occasionally use the park for large events like the Scottish Highland games, things like that.
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont have a certain location Im looking for. Im from downriver, but may consider driving a bit. We love being by the water...but cant really think of anything by the lakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We did ours at hart plaza and on the riverwalk, which isn't far from Belle Isle. Since you like water, the riverwalk could give you a nice back drop. Hopefully we hets ours back soon. When we do, I will PIP for you if you'd like.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I fell in love with the Eleanor and Edsel Ford House on Jefferson in Grosse Pointe.  It has a fantastic view of the lake, and the house and grounds are beautiful!  
  • Options
    Kristen1114Kristen1114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cranbrook.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards