Maine

Alterations suggestions!

Hi ladies! I have recently moved to Mid-Maine but I am getting married in Mass. A few of my friends mentioned that I should get alterations where I live since it would be a lot easier for fittings and whatnot. I was wondering if anyone could recommend something they enjoyed working with? I live in the Waterville/Augusta area. Thanks!!!

Re: Alterations suggestions!

• edited December 2011
    I know there is some places in Portland, if there is a bridal/formal wear shop near where you live call them and they can recomend someone! :)
  • edited December 2011
    There is a woman in Pittsfield who does alterations, she is a private bridal shop and doesn't have a website but she shows up in the white pages.  I don't recommend Patricia Buck bridal, but Andrea's Bridal in Portland has been great to work with in my own personal experience. 

You could also try looking up private seamstresses who aren't affiliated with a bridal shop.
  • love2naplove2nap member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks! I might just go to a seamstress near where my parents live in Mass, since I'll be down there once a month anyway. I just figured it might be easier in Maine... We'll see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards