Wedding Party
Options

Ushers???

I have been putting thinking about ushers on the back burner. My FI and I have a hard time asking anyone to do anything, so he still hasn't talked to anyone about being a groomsmen. I have been to one wedding with ushers and one with no ushers. We are getting married in an outside venue.

What would be best, ushers or no ushers?
 Who do we ask?  I would like to ask members of the family. Several that come to mind have big beefs going on with other people attending the wedding(Dads with daughters who doesn't talk to him, and heated recent divorces.)
 Does age matter?

Does gender matter?

Anyone feel free to tell me if you had ushers at your wedding, or your experiences going to other weddings. Thanks for your help!

Re: Ushers???

• Options
    Thanks for the advice, it seems to be no big deal. It's an outside wedding so I feel less pressure about it. I will keep all the comments in mind when deciding. Thanks=)
  • Options
    Do whatever you feel is best.  Having groomsmen as ushers usually works easier, but if you need to have some "jobs" for people who you don't really want to be in the wedding party, ushers are a good place for them.  I am having one of my (male) cousins and one to three of my fiance's (step) sisters as ushers... so that they are included in some way in the big day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards