New York-Upstate

Questions

ok i got a few questions. first off i am engaged as of the 25 of febuary 2012. both sides of the family know. but alot of people are wanting to know when the wedding date is going to be. how do i aproch this with out going in to long detail that we want to buy a house and i need to find a new job? also do you guys think that its still ok to have a traditional wedding even if the bride and groom have a child together or dose it change how it has to be done?
thanks

Re: Questions

• edited March 2012
    Congratulations on your engagement!!

You definitely can have a traditional wedding even if you have a child together. 

I'm assuming you haven't chosen a date yet... let them know that you are going to enjoy your engagement and you'll let them know when a date has been chosen.  If you want to tell them why you can but don't feel obligated to.

Hope this helps!  Good luck with everything. Smile
  • I agree with PP.  

There's no reason why you can't have a traditional wedding.  Just because you have a child together doesn't mean that you don't deserve the wedding of your dreams.

I would just tell people, we want to enjoy our engagement and take it slow with the wedding planning.  If people keep asking, I'd tell them that when you set a date they'll be among the first to know.  When FI and I got engaged, I had people asking me like 5 days later what the wedding date was.  My response:  "Um, we just got engaged 5 days ago while we were on vacation LOL!  We'll set a date soon."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards