Second Weddings
Options

My EX Being an A$$ kinda long....

Hi Girls,
I don't come around here much any more but when I was here planning the wedding I sure learned a lot!

I was my EX husbands second wife. He had 2 wonderful girls with his first wife.
His eldest daughter (25)  is scheduled to be married in Sept. on Labor Day weekend, and my son, her half brother will be an usher in the wedding and my new hubby and I are invited.

She wrote me a private FB message stating she talked to her father and told him her mother would be walking her down the aisle and not him. He said he wouldn't attend the wedding. She was crushed. Then my son (15) in solidarity with his father said he wouldn't attend (I was furious, and my son has no choice, he's going!)

He basically bolted on all his kids when they were young teens. The girls were teens and my son was 8 when he decided to move out of state. He had little to do with them save the occasional phone call. He was a great dad when they were all young so it was a blow to all 3 kids. His 2 daughters and my son. He rarely paid child support, but myself, and the girls mom never kept him from his kids because of that. he moved back years later and see's all of them about monthly. The girls are grown, the oldest 25, his other daughter is 23 and my son is 15.

I gave her good advice that I learned here. I told her to not be dramatic about it, but just to say I'm sorry you feel that way, you will be missed.  Of course you are welcome to come and I need you for pictures, I want you in a Tux for family photos, and I have a bout for you. If you decide not to come you will be missed, but my decision has been made. Repeat and keep repeating.

I told her I totally support what ever decision she makes because the wedding is about HER. I also told her it is a lovely idea to have her mother to walk her down the aisle. I also told her not to worry about her brother, he will be there. He has no choice, he is 15 and I WILL NOT allow him to hurt his sister that way. I'm sure he will re think his decision when he has no phone, internet, x box or other things he loves. hehehe.

My EX's first wife remarried when their daughter was 8, and her step father has always been there for her, and has been a wonderful "father" to her, and is even paying for her wedding. I'm sure the decision was difficult for her and I totally understand why she made the decision she made.

I don't know if they worked it out or not. My son has been with him for 2 weeks and is scheduled to be home this weekend. This all took place while he was staying with his dad. His dad is bi polar and always had difficulty controlling his emotions, thus the "emotional blackmale" he pulled on his girl.

I'm so pissed off about it but I have to stay out of it and let his daughter work it out with him, but my son will be there with my hubby and I. 

She wrote me back thanking me, and told me "she needed to hear that" .... I hope it all works out for her.

Re: My EX Being an A$$ kinda long....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh.  What a crummy thing for him to pull.

I hope he pulls his head from his hinney in time to realize the only one he's hurting is himself. 

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds to me as though she made probably the most appropriate decision to attempt to spare his feelings (if I am reading this correctly). She could have picked her step-dad, who is being generous, but instead chose her Mom, who of the 3 has been her one, steady, lifelong parent. I think that's the approach she can use in attempting to diffuse this. "Hey dad, it was tough..........I could have chosen stepdad, but I chose Mom over all 3 of you".

You also gave her the wisest words, which you have seen here before. She's a lucky young lady to have so many people who love her. Depending on the amount of time she has before the wedding, I'd bet her dad will calm down and be an adult about it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alpha!!  Nice to see you - sorry that your ex proved once again why he's an ex... What a mean and hurtful thing to do to his daughter.  You did give her excellent advice, and if he's such a toad perhaps it's best he doesn't attend. 

Your son will learn a very important lesson in going to his sister's wedding regardless of whether or not he wants too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for you and the kids.  Some people just don't ever stop hurting their children.  I hope that it all works out however she would like it to and that her day is beautiful in every way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards