Getting in Shape

I totally DO judge a book by its cover...

I purchased the 17-Day Diet book last fall, only because it had a bright pink cover. I'm so glad I did, b/c I followed the diet for two cycles and immediately lost over 25 lbs! Now, I'm back on it - day #2. I need to get this body into goddess-hotness for my wedding in August. I totally know this book works - I didn't even exercise for a week or so (I go on 40 min. walks or go on the treadmill for 40 min at a 10 incline), and the weight came off easily! Buy it if you want to "diet" - there are so many recipes online to help out as well!

Re: I totally DO judge a book by its cover...

• yeeeahhh This diet doesn't go over well on this board. 

• Oh no, really? I totally love it!! :) Oh well...at least the cover is pretty if you just want it on a bookshelf! :)
  • pretty cover or not I'm not into fad diets or unsustainable stuff...I'm happy it works for you for short term, I just hope you have a long term healthy plan in order...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_i-totally-do-judge-a-book-by-its-cover?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:3c54109d-f18d-4932-bfc8-d40f22a9ba76Post:d81250b3-88be-4dc2-8375-a5c828fd0515">Re: I totally DO judge a book by its cover...</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeeeahhh This diet doesn't go over well on this board. 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

haha enough said! I tried this for like 10 days at one point last year when I was desperate to make a change to my body. It was so restrictive I lasted 10 days. It cuts so many necessary things out of your diet. I literally had trouble just getting through the day because I had no energy as it barely allows you to eat! You are better off eating clean and eating less. The weight will come off with this, yes, but as soon as you go back to regular eating it will come right back. Make a lifestyle change, not a fad diet. Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Truism, with the lifestyle change! It totally has helped me eat differently, though, so I'm positive about that! Yeah, I guess in retrospect it IS a "fad-diet," but I totally love it and didn't feel like I was restricting myself too badly - and I was able to find new recipes which are way better than how I WAS eating! :) I think , for me, it was a good kickstart to figuring out HOW I should eat..but thank you for your guys' input/insight!! I appreciate it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_i-totally-do-judge-a-book-by-its-cover?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:3c54109d-f18d-4932-bfc8-d40f22a9ba76Post:e5ff9288-4bf8-40d8-ac3e-bcaaf4358f66">Re: I totally DO judge a book by its cover...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Truism, with the lifestyle change! It totally has helped me eat differently, though, so I'm positive about that! Yeah, I guess in retrospect it IS a "fad-diet," but I totally love it and didn't feel like I was restricting myself too badly - and I was able to find new recipes which are way better than how I WAS eating! :) I think , for me, it was a good kickstart to figuring out HOW I should eat..but thank you for your guys' input/insight!! I appreciate it!
    Posted by puppetrick[/QUOTE]

I also love it - I started out on it very strictly and even though I'm not following it to the letter, now, it helps me to eat less and understand what types of snacks I'm supposed to be eating.  There's also a great cookbook out there (I got the kindle version) - I think it's "The Tasty Companion" - has some great soup recipes that make it easier to plan ahead!
  • What does it have you cut out?
    Counting Down the Days... Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards