Military Brides

Hello ladies. : ) Newbie here!

Hey! Hubby and I just did the courthouse thing last week so that we could officially be married. We're planning on going back to Wisconsin/Minnesota to have the big wedding this summer for both of our families. We only have 5 more months to plan this thing and I'm freaking out that I won't have everything done in time or enough money!

So far, we have my dress & hubby is wearing his blues, a VERY possible venue and working on caterers, bride's maids picked out, a theme, and somebody who is making the cake for us.

If there are any tips you guys can offer, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm sure many of you know this routine. It doesn't help that we're about to PCS in a few weeks. Thanks ladies!

Re: Hello ladies. : ) Newbie here!

• I don't really have a whole lot of suggestions as DH and I have yet to PCS so we haven't had to deal with that process yet.  I just wanted to offer congratulations on your marriage/wedding and good luck on planning your vow renewal!  Welcome to the board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on your wedding and good luck on your vow renewal.
  • There are very few of us who did the JOP thing and then had a vow renewal later.  It's not as common in the military as people like to pretend it is.  There won't be too many people who can give you tips for that.  

As long as your guests know it is a vow renewal and you don't break etiquette by doing showers/bach parties and such, just have fun with it.  
    We did a small wedding but planned a renewal later since non of my husband's family members could be there when we were married.  Life got in the way and we decided we had far better things to do with all that money than throw a party.  We were married and that's all that really mattered to us.  
  • edited February 2013
    Did you share with everyone that you are already married? My FI has a few coworkers that didn't tell anyone in their family that they were legally married before the ceremony! Sounds kind of sneaky, but I see the reasoning behind it. Have you made a wedding website thru The Knot yet? I have used mine to share important info with guests and the bridal party, and I also plan to use it for RSVP's. Not very traditional, but I like the speed and efficiency! Play around on The Knot, it is really helping me to keep everything organized... I got engaged in January after 3.5 years and am getting married in June before we move to his next military assignment, so I understand your stress! Congrats!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hello-ladies-newbie-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:84b48a5e-024d-4d2b-9d28-27f8ae8a3ea9Post:48631084-4802-44fd-a58e-1a707c7e5d36">Re:Hello ladies. : Newbie here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you share with everyone that you are already married? My FI has a few coworkers that didn't tell anyone in their family that they were legally married before the ceremony! <strong>Sounds kind of sneaky, but I see the reasoning behind it.</strong> Have you made a wedding website thru The Knot yet? I have used mine to share important info with guests and the bridal party, and I also plan to use it for RSVP's. Not very traditional, but I like the speed and efficiency! Play around on The Knot, it is really helping me to keep everything organized... I got engaged in January after 3.5 years and am getting married in June before we move to his next military assignment, so I understand your stress! Congrats!!
    Posted by maggieevans1[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>To the bolded: It is sneaky and just plain wrong.  There is no good reason to lie to your family and friends (withholding information is lying).

</div>
  • In Response to Re:Hello ladies. : Newbie here!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hello ladies. : Newbie here!:Did you share with everyone that you are already married? My FI has a few coworkers that didn't tell anyone in their family that they were legally married before the ceremony! Sounds kind of sneaky, but I see the reasoning behind it. Have you made a wedding website thru The Knot yet? I have used mine to share important info with guests and the bridal party, and I also plan to use it for RSVP's. Not very traditional, but I like the speed and efficiency! Play around on The Knot, it is really helping me to keep everything organized... I got engaged in January after 3.5 years and am getting married in June before we move to his next military assignment, so I understand your stress! Congrats!!Posted by maggieevans1To the bolded: It is sneaky and just plain wrong. nbsp;There is no good reason to lie to your family and friends withholding information is lying. Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm not doing it, just stating what others have done, and didn't want to offend anyone on this board who might have done it.
  • This board is not a big supporter of people who start their marriages off by lying to the most important people in their lives.  
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re:Hello ladies. : Newbie here!:This board is not a big supporter of people who start their marriages off by lying to the most important people in their lives. nbsp; Posted by iluvmytxrgr I'm sorry I offended y'all with my question!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards