Washington

Looking for an AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER to capture your special day???

Hello All,
When I was planning my wedding I spent a lot of time on here checking out local vendors as I had NO idea where to start & I was planning my day on a pretty tight budget (under $10,000 for a wedding with a guest list of 300).  I found a lot of helpful information however found everything to still be priced out of my budget.  The photographer happened to be the biggest obsticle as far a price.  I found our photographer & when I found out her price I was blown away by how inexpensive she was for what I got out of her, I thought for sure it was to good to be true so I figured I could have her do our engagement photos & see if I really liked what I saw.... Well I LOVED what I saw so I booked her :)  I attached a few of our wedding pics she took for you to view.  She is amazing & went above & beyond to capture every special moment for us, she spent 9 hours capturing photos for us.  Hopefully you will love the pictures and want to book her to capture your special moments.  Her company name is Rosewood Photography.  Let me know if you have any questions or her contact info :)  Hope you all are having a wonderful wedding planning experience.  I know for me, I am SOOOO glad to have some spare time again.

Re: Looking for an AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER to capture your special day???

• edited December 2011
    Oh my.  The selective color is ummm... lovely.  I'd be pissed if those were my wedding pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Thats rude!
  • edited December 2011

Sometimes the truth hurts...

• edited December 2011
    This kind of sounds like a vendor post anyways... When she was planning her wedding she spent a lot of time on here... and this is her first post? "Capturing photos for us..."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Vendor or not, someone out there likes her wedding photos. They're fun, and they clearly represented the personality of the couple - that's the most important thing. As for the coloring, these are probably digital images, which means that the bride can easily get them with or without color correction, depending on her taste, and therefore she probably chose to have her photographer do this. True, it's not for everyone. But then the traditional glamour shots aren't for everyone either. (I'm having trouble finding a photographer who DOESN'T do dramatic, posed photos of the bride looking longingly out the window. It's just not my style, I want someone who finds fun, candid moments - but that doesn't mean I'm going to publicly insult brides who DO choose traditional photography.) We're lucky that there are so many photographic styles to choose from so that we CAN find a style that suits us.

The most imporant thing in a photographer is to find someone who will make you feel comfortable and bring out the best in YOU, whatever your taste.

In any case, it is still incredibly rude to insult someone's wedding photos in a public forum. Sure, the truth hurts, but that wasn't "truth," that was opinion. If you're on this forum, hopefully it's because you're engaged. And if you're engaged, you should know as well as anyone here how stressful and emotional it can be to plan your wedding. The last thing a bride needs is someone telling her that her taste sucks. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
  • edited December 2011
    And where exactly did you come from?  The best way to tell if a photographer HAS any taste and if they really know what they are doing is to look at the finished product.  It seems the ones who are pretty much faking it do all sorts of ugly things to their pictures after the fact beush pictures are crap and they are hoping to hide that fact. 

The OP satated her opinion in the title -"AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER". I staed my opinion that her photographer was NOT amazing.  Who cares??  I'm pretty sure it was a vendor post anyway and if so shouldn't be here in the first place.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington_looking-amazing-photographer-capture-special-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:633Discussion:1b60f1d8-29cf-4d26-819d-82f289d4ec86Post:d112875f-11d2-4553-a5b1-23410850eff9">Re: Looking for an AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER to capture your special day???</a>:
    [QUOTE]And where exactly did you come from?  The best way to tell if a photographer HAS any taste and if they really know what they are doing is to look at the finished product.  It seems the ones who are pretty much faking it do all sorts of ugly things to their pictures after the fact beush pictures are crap and they are hoping to hide that fact.  The OP satated her opinion in the title -"AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER". I staed my opinion that her photographer was NOT amazing.  Who cares??  I'm pretty sure it was a vendor post anyway and if so shouldn't be here in the first place.
    Posted by shannonp10[/QUOTE]

I second this. Total vendor post. And if not, it's very obvious solicitation. In which case there is no need to be nice to the OP.......
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards