Snarky Brides

Am I the only one getting tired of....

Frivolous lawsuits? Come on people we are adults, take responsibiltyfor your actions.

CN: Woman is suing Dallas Cowboys after sitting on a marble bench and getting 3rd degree burns.
I'm sorry I usually feel an item sitting in the blaring sun BEFORE I sit down.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08/16/12/Woman-claims-Cowboys-bench-caused-burns/msn_landing.html?blockID=776507&feedID=9236
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....

• How freakin long was she sitting on it to require skin grafts? I hate people and their idiocy.

There are these two huge metal elephants at the zoo I worked at and they had to put up big signs saying saying "caution: elephants get hot in the sun" because so many parents were putting their kids on them (even though it originally said no climbing) and they got burned. Come on, people. Think.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-the-only-one-getting-tired-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6455b17-3a8c-4e6b-a69a-8d3af642e933Post:7b0a8da8-4550-4f88-b651-284ecbd6ca5e">Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....</a>:
    [QUOTE]How freakin long was she sitting on it to require skin grafts? I hate people and their idiocy. There are these two huge metal elephants at the zoo I worked at and they had to put up big signs saying saying "caution: elephants get hot in the sun" because so many parents were putting their kids on them (even though it originally said no climbing) and they got burned. Come on, people. Think.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

We took grandbaby to the park when we were in SC, it's hot there! Before her mom took her down the slide we went around and felt them to see if the plastic was hot so she didnt burn her arse!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-the-only-one-getting-tired-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6455b17-3a8c-4e6b-a69a-8d3af642e933Post:866f3e02-0bdd-4968-a976-f3a9029ea41c">Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....</a>:
    [QUOTE]JFC
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

YEP!
  • It's insane. Work is so stressful to all the staff and teachers now because parents sue over every effing thing. It makes me so sad that a teacher can't even give a crying student a hug because it might cause them to lose their job.

Heck, my pet store got sued when I was working there because an animal passed away while in our care, at no fault of ours. Even the vet who did the autopsy said "the animal is morbidly obese, has heart complications, and breathing issues, all of which you signed off on before dropping him off. This is a case of negligent pet ownership, not negligent care over the last 24 hours"
  • I think we should all sue work for getting in the way of our TK time.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-the-only-one-getting-tired-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6455b17-3a8c-4e6b-a69a-8d3af642e933Post:9f092e07-1e1d-4f3a-afc7-707b9ca0a5ad">Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we should all sue work for getting in the way of our TK time.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Mine doesnt ;)

KW- I agree. And honestly I think if this comes across a judges desk he should throw it out immediately and fine the lawyer who took it to begin with. Maybe, it would slow them down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-the-only-one-getting-tired-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6455b17-3a8c-4e6b-a69a-8d3af642e933Post:e63d25f9-310a-47bc-8bf0-cd300afd2505">Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I the only one getting tired of.... : Mine doesnt ;) KW- I agree. And honestly I think if this comes across a judges desk he should throw it out immediately and fine the lawyer who took it to begin with. Maybe, it would slow them down.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine isn't right now, but with any luck, it will be soon.  I had an interview yesterday that I felt went really well.  They're making a decision today, so I'll know today/Monday.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I agree that this needs to be thrown out.  I cannot handle how stupid people are.</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-the-only-one-getting-tired-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6455b17-3a8c-4e6b-a69a-8d3af642e933Post:a6fe6f43-c4d2-4445-b0ec-c88382b302fc">Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I the only one getting tired of.... : Mine isn't right now, but with any luck, it will be soon.  <strong>I had an interview yesterday that I felt went really well.</strong>  They're making a decision today, so I'll know today/Monday. And I agree that this needs to be thrown out.  I cannot handle how stupid people are.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Good Luck! Hope you get it.
  • It never seems to end does it? :(
  • Good luck Peek!

This article has a few more details:  CLICK

She says she's not sure how long she sat on the bench?  WTF?  If I touch something hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns you can bet your skin grafted arse I won't be touching it for long.  I also find it curious how they were orignally diagnosed as 1st degree and a few days later were 3rd degree burns. 

ETA - JFC.  I have to remove butlocks from the URL. 
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Good grief. Sometimes, when stories like these come up, I really wonder how they were raised and made it to this point in their lives. How long does one have to sit on something to realize 'holy $hit, my ass is on fire?!'.

That would be like me walking on the asphalt outside without shoes and trying to sue the paving company for my burning my own feet (example only). I mean, I wont even let our dogs walk on it when it's above a certain temp because I don't want to hurt their paws. Where the F did common sense go?
  • Seriously how do you not realize something is hot?! It sounds completely stupid. I'm sorry but if I sit down on something that's hot, I stand up... not sit there until it burns my skin. And usually is a seat is in the sun, i feel to see if it's too hot first.

Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-i-the-only-one-getting-tired-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c6455b17-3a8c-4e6b-a69a-8d3af642e933Post:797c2f2f-efde-41d5-8fd9-f16acce19f0a">Re: Am I the only one getting tired of....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously how do you not realize something is hot?! It sounds completely stupid. I'm sorry but if I sit down on something that's hot, I stand up... not sit there until it burns my skin. <strong>And usually is a seat is in the sun, i feel to see if it's too hot first.</strong>
    Posted by Carson386[/QUOTE]

I even do this in my car, which the seats are a fabric material.
  • Moron of the year award. For real? If something is hot enough to cause 3rd degree burns you bet your ass I won't be sitting on it for more than about .5 seconds.
  • I will add that if something is hot enough to give you 3rd degree burns then you can be exposed to it for longer than you think.  Your nerve endings are immediately burned and you don't feel that initial pain that tells you to let go, get off, etc.  And yes I know this from experience. 

That being said, common sense tells you that certain things are hot when left in the sun so you shouldn't sit or touch without testing it out first. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards