Registry and Gift Forum

Gifts for the parents

I'm getting married in June, and my parents are paying for pretty much the whole wedding. A bridemaid suggested that we get my parents a gift, just like we are the bridesmaid/groomsmen. I hadn't thought of this, and am having a difficult time coming up with something to get them, because frankly they don't need 'stuff'. Such as, my mom doesn't need any new or more jewelry. I want to go the sentimental route and have seen embroidered notes to dad on a handkerchief or his tie, but haven't been able to find/come up with anything for my mom. Me and my mom get along and are close, but she's not real sentimental/emotional, so I don't want to do anything too "awww" if that make sense... But any ideas are certainly welcome!

Re: Gifts for the parents

• jmichlikjmichlik member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I actually made a wedding album for my parents several months after the wedding. They felt overwhelmed looking through the 1400+ pictures the photographer took and were grateful that I was willing to make one for them. I ended up getting it at Things Remembered and engraved the front with our names and wedding date, so it looked really nice and they love displaying it in their home.
    Anniversary
  • There are number of gift option is available. One of the way is gifting the flowers to the parents. This is inexpensive gifts for the budget planners. the gift all depends upon the invidual person and budget and also for presenting person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards