Hawaii
Options

Olowalu ceremony start time?

Hi ladies,

For those of you who are getting married/have been married at Olowalu, what time did you plan your ceremony start time for?

Re: Olowalu ceremony start time?

• Options
    Ours started at about 5:15. Plenty of time for the ceremony and pics after and sunset pics as well. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Our ceremony started at 4pm (our wedding was in February). I wasn't keen on the sunset photos and preferred more time for cocktails, dinner, and dancing. Keep in mind you have to shut down at 10pm and work backwards from there.
    Either way, it is a beautiful location. You'll have a blast.

Happy planning!
  • Options

Mine will be at 5pm

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • Options
    Married in June, ours was at 5 pm.  Still plenty of time for sunset pics.  But not so early that everyone was baking in the sun. 
  • Options
    Definitely check the time of the sunset during your time of year.  Our wedding was in March, just after the time change.  We had the ceremony at 4:30, group photos at 5, cocktails+sunset watching, and dinner started immediately after sunset.  Watching our guests paired up in couples/groups gawking at the sunset was one of the highlights of the reception -- for that one moment we stopped feeling guilty for asking everyone to fly that far.
  • Options
    Our ceremony is starting at 4pm. We're getting married in December...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are getting married in June.

I was thinking 4:00. I feel like any later and we lose so much reception time.

Is it too hot at 4:00? We will provide fans and beverages prior to the ceremony.

• Options
    We got married July 5, 2011 and had out start time at 5:30, we had plenty of time for pictures and to mingle with our guests before dinner started.  Sunset in early July is around 7:10pm. 

It is very, very hot still at 4pm, which is why we went a little later.  It was still pretty warm when we got hitched, but honestly I didn't notice it that much because my mind was on other things. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    We got married in early April and had the ceremony start at 4:30pm and then we did sunset pics during the cocktail hour as the sunset was at 6:42pm and then had dinner starting around 7pm but we didn't want tons of dance time. Our guests still had about 2 hours for dancing before the shuttle picked everyone up at 10pm
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Married in June, ours was at 5 pm.  Still plenty of time for sunset pics.  But not so early that everyone was baking in the sun. 
     http://www.chinayibi.com 
  • Options
    Varieties of the jewelry increase with the development of the times, such as tungsten jewelry and ceramic jewelry. So we are familiar with ceramic rings, tungsten rings and gold rings. And it is well known that diamonds are one of jewelry. But do we know diamonds exactly?Diamonds are the hardest substance in nature, so they are called as the king of the hardness. Besides, they have the chemical ability. And they possess the strongest refractive index and dispersion in natural colorless stones. When stones are made into dozens of small cuts, white lights which penetrate diamonds reflect various colors. That is why diamonds are very beautiful and exquisite. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards