Wisconsin

First Lutheran Church - Middleton, Wi

Hi,

I'm getting married in November, and am trying to find a site for a very small ceremony.  I live near the First Lutheran Church in Middleton, WI (on Old Sauk Rd.).   It doesn't seem to be in use by a congregation anymore, but I know other people have had weddings there, because I've seen photos online. 

The problem is, I can't seem to find any contact info for anyone associated with the building.  Does anyone have any idea who to contact regarding rental of the church?  Or anyone have any ideas where I could look?  I tried contacting the local historical society, since the building is on the National Register of Historic Places, but I never heard back.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Re: First Lutheran Church - Middleton, Wi

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_first-lutheran-church-middleton-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:eec1af04-3196-416a-86c6-4d89160be081Post:4f7d0695-c2b7-4195-9a11-202d5c2b1371">First Lutheran Church - Middleton, Wi</a>:
    [QUOTE] I tried contacting the local historical society, since the building is on the National Register of Historic Places, but I never heard back. 
    Posted by woadgrrl[/QUOTE]

<div>Sorry I don't know anything about this place, but I'm wondering, how did you contact them?  By email?  If you did it by email I would suggest calling them.  Or if you called, keep calling.  The only reason why I say this is because a lot of people who run historical societies (or whatever) tend to be a little older and really don't use email as their primary contact method.  Or they don't return phone calls, etc.  I've had some experience with this.  I would keep trying until you get someone who can answer your question!</div><div>
    </div><div>The other place I would try is the Wisconsin Historical Society.  Maybe they can point you in the right direction?  Or does the city have a public building rental contact?  Maybe try those places?</div><div>
    </div><div>GL!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

There is also a Middleton Historical Society that may have information-I don't have the phone number but I'm sure it's in the book-otherwise city hall in Middleton might have contact info.
    I'm assuming you already tried this number but I did find the ad posting for First Lutheran Church on wedplan.com-they say to call Ann Walser at 608-831-7226,

Hope this helps-I think that chuch is so cute.

• edited December 2011
    Oh wait I am sure I have it, I toured that place.  Then we decided on a November wedding, and they dont have heat (or a/c).  Let me check around, I know I have her number.  She is super sweet and I love the church itself. It is only used for weddings and such.  Has lots of parking, you can park on either side of street.  Ok I will look for it, but I also know its in a wedding book in Madison.  (I am in Phx, so I know I am not being much help but I will be!)
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
  • edited December 2011
    ANN WALSER-that is her name.  6028-831-7226.  Just as the other girl said.  Just an FYI, I re-read what you said, and I am not sure when in November you are getting married, but as I said there is no heat in the building.  It is an awesome location though, I really liked it. 
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, wow!  I wasn't expecting so much help, so quickly!  Thanks very much.

To be honest, I've only been planning this wedding for about 3 days, and I'm already sick of it. :p   So, I really appreciate the assistance.

Slightly disappointing to learn that there's no heat in the building.  But, it'll be early November, so maybe it won't be too bad.  I'll have to think on it.
  • edited December 2011
    The only other thing I didnt like, well two things really, is first, there is no center aisle to walk down, theres one on the right and one to the left.  Also, there isnt ANYWHERE to get ready, there are no rooms or anything off of it, so even if you got ready at home (which was my plan), you would have to ensure everyone is inside and seated before walking in.
    Other than that, she is really nice; its very inexpensive, and its got a great feel to it.  Nice old church. 
  • First Lutheran Church in Middleton is a historic and beautiful church- built in 1866, and on the National Register of Historic Places.
    Their website has all the wedding and contact information:
    I was married there and it was an elegant and romantic venue- just a few minutes from downtown Madison. Weddings are held from April-October, and currently the rental for the church is $300. 
    We did not have a problem with the lack of dressing room or center aisle. We just got ready elsewhere, and processed in one aisle and processed out on the other aisle.
    The church's website has a photo gallery where you can see photos from all angles. 
    You can also tour the church and see if it is right for you. It's a gorgeous place!
    They also have a facebook page:

• This post was from 2010, I doubt OP needs this information anymore. Also, vendors are not allowed here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards