Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Nakayshions in Cedar Hill, TX

Has anyone had their wedding/reception here? I have an appointment this weekend, but when I called, they didn't want to give me any prices......wanted to find out if they were at least in my budget before a waisted a trip going. 

Thanks!

Re: Nakayshions in Cedar Hill, TX

• edited December 2011
    This was on 4 weddings!

I believe the girl who had her wedding there had 200ish people and a budget of $20k
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, 20,000 is not in my budget, but I'm only planning on having 100 guests. I really wanted a destination wedding so I could get married on the beach, and since that's not an option anymore, I at least want something outside, possibly by the lake. I haven't been able to find very many places as of yet. :(

My friend told me about that eposide, which is why I looked into it.
  • edited December 2011
    If you want an outside, lake place: Lantana Lodge.  I've never been there, but the pictures I have seen are beautiful.

http://foreverlodging.com/foreverinfo.cfm?PropertyKey=184&ContentKey=289588
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Outside--in August??

Did you look into Winfrey Point by White Rock?  There's the Filter Building too but not sure if that's in your budget.  Also Paradise Cove in Grapevine (but again, not sure about budget.)
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nakayshions-cedar-hill-tx?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7af5693f-ec47-4968-8631-24daa44de90ePost:17551aac-d5f4-436f-b76b-11608469cd0d">Re: Nakayshions in Cedar Hill, TX</a>:
    [QUOTE]Outside--in August?? Did you look into Winfrey Point by White Rock?  There's the Filter Building too but not sure if that's in your budget.  Also Paradise Cove in Grapevine (but again, not sure about budget.)
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]
    Are you getting married in August?  I would definitely think twice.  However, if you are dead-set on it, make sure that you have lots of cold water for your guests and maybe see if where the guests sit can be covered with a pretty canopy or something. 
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bridesmaid for an outdoor wedding in late August...Embarassed  It's going to be REALLY hot.  I would definitely consider another time if you are set on an outdoor wedding.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I had an appointment at Nakayshions and had heard soo many good things but was not impressed. The pretty much only do packages. So you tell them the number of people and they give you a range of prices. I want to say for 150 people it started at $7000 and went up to over $10000. That might be wrong but that's what I remember. For us, it was out of our price range. Plus I wanted a little more control than they would give. They did pretty much everything. I just didn't think it was completely worth the price but that's just me. I am cheap :)

Oh and I forgot to mention, they wouldn't tell me the price either! I hate it when places won't tell you their pricing. If your place is too expensive, I don't want to waste my time or your time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards