African American Weddings

Honeymoon

Hi ladies,
We need to book our honeymoon soon. We are open to anything in the Carribbean, exept the Bahamas or Jamaica. We really want an all inclusive beach locale where we can simply do nothing but we also want some 'honeymoon' perks ;-) Any suggestions for where to begin our search?
Thanks!
Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow my Journey Down the Aisle at www.ichoosethesun.com !

Re: Honeymoon

• I think a cruise would be perfect because you can still do the beach and then you can do other things on the boat...but i like Punta Cana Mexicos beach...its really nice there

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Hubby and I chose a cruise and it was best for us. We spent 7 days eating, ___________, and sleeping. We laid on the beach, drank, did one excursion and felt great. We went with Holland America Cruise Line and we loved it
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited January 2013
    Cruises will ALWAYS be my favorite way of travelling. We're going on a 7 day Carnival Cruise from San Juan, PR. But if you're looking for one spot to stay and play, I definitely recommend Aruba. It's soooo pretty and SOOO much fun. I like this hotel. The Occidental Grand. http://www.occidentalhotels.com/grand/Aruba.asp
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I suggest Punt a Cana as well.  There are some fabulous all inclusive hotels/resorts that cost way less than the same packages you will find on some of the other islands.  I am also a big fan of St. Lucia.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• CreoleBride30CreoleBride30 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    I second Aruba and the cruise from San Juan is absolutely AMAZING! This is what hubby and I did for our honeymoon. Even though it was a cruise, we always had our private time. It was like it was only us two the entire time! We got the ocean suite and loved every minute of it! Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Thanks ladies...I'm not opposed to a cruise (I LOVE being on the water) but I've been on four so I think I would prefer a non-cruise honeymoon. Punta Cana sounds good (one of the few places in the Carribbean that I've never been)...St. Lucia is definitely on the short list. I'll keep you posted ;-)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow my Journey Down the Aisle at www.ichoosethesun.com !
  • 20pearls1620pearls16 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I have been to Aruba, Antigua, Punta Cana and St. Marteen. I would recommend any one of these. You can send me a PM if you want details on any of these. I am a beach bum and like to lay there and do nothing all day. 

BTW- I stayed at Sandals in Antigua. Got lots of honeymoon perks although it wasn't our honeymoon. Candles and rose petals in the room with a bubble bath one evening when we came in from dinner. A honeymoon breakfast with your name made up on the table in flowers. It was VERY nice.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards