Second Weddings
Options

Is this in bad taste?

I need help to know.  So hear me out....

I was married many years ago and planned the wedding I loved.  My ex and I didn't make it but we stayed close friends as he was close to people in my family - he's now even good friends with my fiance. I only mention to show there are no ill feelings from first wedding experience.  My fiance and I are trying to keep a tight budget on things but we do want a nice wedding.  I've always loved the venue where I first got married.  In looking at venues, I found my original venue again.  It has a new name and is slightly different as they have done some remodeling.  It's really beautiful, offers everything I want, and is significantly less expensive than every other place that I've liked.  Would it be in bad taste to use this place again? Please help. 

Thanks. 

Re: Is this in bad taste?

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only person who's opinion matters, besides your own, is your fiance. If he is fine with this, then I'd say do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone says anything, just tell them they offered a frequent bride discount.  ~Donna
  • Options
    debnchrisdebnchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ right1 -- love that!
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your FI loves it as much as you do then it's your venue.  No one is really going to care... and if they do say something go with what Right1 said and then laugh it off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all. 
    And thank you Right - I LOVE that response!   =) 
    .... Now can I get away with wearing the same dress?   KIDDING!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @right1, love your comment.

@emco50, take the dress and have it redone.  Just kidding.  You have a chance to wear a new dress, whatever it is you decide you want.

Happy planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

@Right1 - so funny!

You can reuse what ever you and your FI agree to.

When we were shopping for wedding bands, I told my FI to call his ex and see if we could use her ring...afterall, since she's not using it right now!  Thank goodness he has a good sense of humor!

Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FH and I are getting married in the same church he married his 2nd wife, the day before they got married.  I did not know any of this before planning, and do not care now that I found out. 

When I told FH I was able to get the minister from the church to marry us, he said, "Oh, God, I hope it is not the same guy from last time!"  I told him, I doubt it, he is fairly new as the minister there.  He laughed as much as I did. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could never do it but if your both completely sure your comfortable with it then go for it.
  • Options
    calo1983calo1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you know pp are right i couldnt do it but if you guys are comfortable...go ahead its your wedding. it should be what the two of you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards