Texas-Houston

Wedding Cake????

I live in NW Houston.  Does anyone have a referral to a local bakery.  I need to have a cake that will feed approx 250 people.  I got a quote of 3.50/slice.  Any ideas on how to cut my costs...

Thanks!!!   :)

Re: Wedding Cake????

• We got married Sept 2011 and highly recommend For Heavens Cake. I had gone to their website, scrolled through their gallery and saw a picture of cake design I liked, I emailed Rick about it along with wedding date, number of guests, location and he replied with a cake quote that included delivery, dummy tier prices, etc. We made an appointment with him (business is located on 290) and we did the cake tasting, we chose the flavors, colors when we were there and signed contract. The day of wedding they arrived on time, set it up for us, I returned the dummy tier after the honeymoon and he gave me back $60 cash for it which was the deposit on it, you can return for the $ or throw away. The guests all loved the cake, we had 2 flavors, 1 dummy tier and 3 tiers, total price $550.
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Heavens Cake is definitely good priced right. There 290 Jones road
  • Cakes Houston is in Spring, BUT their cakes are $2.65/slice and delicious! For my cake to feed 100 people and hubby's groom cake (free) we spend about $300.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_wedding-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:455d628d-f4ca-4473-85e7-14ab27e9ac35Post:0324e44f-a38f-466d-9594-964b27049da0">Wedding Cake????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in NW Houston.  Does anyone have a referral to a local bakery.  I need to have a cake that will feed approx 250 people.  I got a quote of 3.50/slice.  Any ideas on how to cut my costs... Thanks!!!   :)
    Posted by jrpusok[/QUOTE]

$3.50 a slice is about what I'm paying for my bakery in Conroe.  I think it's pretty standard for our area.

Cut costs by having simple decorations, picking the cake up yourself if it's not too tall (instead of having it delivered), etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards