New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding Reviews!

My Husband and I were married on April 27th.  We just got home from our awesome honeymoon and we’re still in awe.  It was the greatest day surrounded by family and friends.  Perfect all around! I put together some reviews for all that are still planning.  If you have any other questions let me know. Happy Planning!

Reception Venue: Pearl River Hilton A+++, I can’t say enough wonderful things about this place.  The ballroom and grounds were fantastic.  We took our photos in the back as well as the front of the hotel.  It’s on a golf course so the scenery was perfect.  The staff was exceptional to work with as well.  The Senior Catering Manager Paulette was on top of her game.  She was very prompt in responding to my emails and was very organized and helpful throughout the planning process.  Our maître D’s Barbra and Derek were wonderful.  The food was outstanding.  We received many complements on the cocktail hour as well as the sit down courses.  The hotel guestrooms were reasonably priced and were able to accommodate last minute additions.  There’s also a bar in the hotel to keep the party going after the reception.  I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding it truly was a great experience. 

Florist: Pearl River Florist A+, their work is amazing and they captured all of the elements of what I was looking for.  I had a general theme and they really went with it and made it spectacular.  I had a specific budget to work with regarding flowers and they stayed within it.  The bouquets and centerpieces were beyond my expectations.

Music/Lighting:  Big Apple Entertainment A+++, I was very concerned about the DJ for our wedding.  We wanted our guests to be up dancing throughout the night, very high energy.  Paul kept our part going until the very last song.  They played all of the songs we requested for them to play.  They also stuck to the do not play list!  After the 3rd last song our guests kept yelling for more lol. Big Apple also provided our up lighting which looked great.  It added that something extra and helped keep the energy up.

Transportation: Silver Star limo A+, I worked with Mario Jr. who was a pleasure to work with.  He was able to accommodate our rather large wedding party.  We used a 35 passenger party bus to transport all of us together.  They bus was great and on time.

Photo/Video:  Majestic Studios A++, I worked mostly with Mark and he’s great!  Mark and his partner Christine are a wonderful team.  They knew exactly what to do and how to control a larger bridal party.  He has already posted a lot of the pictures to a website for us to see and they came out AMAZING! I’m obsessed with them LOL. I haven’t seen the video yet so I can’t comment on that but if it’s anything like the still shots it’s sure to be excellent.   

Photo Booth: Top Hat Photo Booths, A+, Very easy to deal with and reasonably priced.  I worked with Rob, I told him what I wanted and he gave me a price, which was on the lower end of what I was getting from some other companies.  The one we chose was a stand up booth which was great because you can fit a lot of people in one shot.  They provided all of the props and created a custom signature on the bottom of the photo strips as well as a scrap book (extra). It was fun to look at the day after the wedding.

Overall, I can honestly say the venue/vendors we chose were terrific and I had a pleasant experience with all of them.   I would highly recommend each and every one. 
BabyFruit Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: Wedding Reviews!

• tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Congrats!  I also had my wedding at the Pearl River Hilton in October.....Hands down amazing!
  • Congrats to you too!  It really was amazing!

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    So glad you loved Mark and his team...he did our wedding (and my daughter's first birthday shots)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Congrats!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! By any chance would you recommend (or have a review for) your hair and make up artist? I'm currently in the search for someone who will travel to me on my wedding day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats and thank you for the reviews. 
    abc
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-reviews-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:bd1617fa-edb0-411f-962e-cb89c6bac48aPost:89213421-e3fd-4f41-89b4-b7ed85597733">Re: Wedding Reviews!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! By any chance would you recommend (or have a review for) your hair and make up artist? I'm currently in the search for someone who will travel to me on my wedding day. 
    Posted by FireGirl824[/QUOTE]

For my hair I use Ali from Salon Escape in Mahopac.  She was amazing and did a fabulous job.  She let me have 2 trials with her lol.  I loved my wedding hair!!  She really listened to what i wanted and I couldn't ask fo more.

Makeup was done by Jill from JK Flashy.  I've gotten my makeup done by her before for other occasions and just love the work she does.  Her airbrushing is flawless and stays on all night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards