Vermont
Options

Burlington hair and make-up recommendations please!

I need suggestions for places/people to do hair and make-up for my wedding that is approaching very quickly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Burlington hair and make-up recommendations please!

• Options
    csmith2249csmith2249 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using O'Brien's for my wedding in October. I don't know yet how I like them for hair/makeup (my trial is in September) but they were really friendly on the phone!
    Hubby + Vasectomy = IUI with Donor.
    March 2011 - IUI #1 = BFN
    April 2011 - IUI #2 = BFN
    May 2011 - Monitored IUI cycle to see what's going on. Ha! Tons of follicles, none big enough to do insemination.
    June 2011 - Nothing - unexplained (probably stress) 58 day cycle.
    July 2011 - Switch from Clomid to Letrozole. Let's get these follicles growing! 2 follicles big enough, HCG injection, BFN
    Break taken to focus on our marriage and less on not getting pregnant.
    February 2012 - Ready to get back on the horse and try IUI #4 - - BFN
    May 2012 - IUI #5 with Letrozole and HCG - BFN
    June 2012 - Doctor wants to move to injectible IUI or IVF. We don't want IVF but agree to do injections.
    Currently - Saving money for Injectible IUI cycle and taking the first steps towards adoption!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Fontana in Burlington.  I have my trial in a few weeks, buy my FMIL swears by them, so I have high hopes. They've been very professional and accomodating on the phone so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would HIGHLY suggest contacting Glenn Brown at Chop Shop Hair Design on Main St in Burly, right across the street from the Ski Rack.  He is a wonderful stylist: very skilled, honest, and incredibly well-priced for what you get.  I randomly booked an appointment with him two years ago, and have visited no one since!  You won't be disappointed!
    Laughing
  • Options
    MBKINGSTONMBKINGSTON member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moon Studio Day Spa in Shelburne is absolutely amazing.  My stylist for the past 15 years, Linda, works there, and they can do WONDERS.  They have a gallery of photos at http://moonstudiodayspa.com/?page_id=631

Of course, I think this picture is even more proof... I have the finest, stick-straight hair immaginable -- I can't even keep a hair clip in my hair, it's so slick.  But Linda managed to give me this style:

They really are just amazing at what they do, and they can take care of manis/pedis, massages, makeup, and your wedding party too, with a private changing room if you'd like to go straight from the salon to the ceremony!
  • Options
    VTBride10VTBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hutton at Urban Salon on Main street is awesome - and very reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Cynthea's Spa:  http://www.cyntheaspa.com

~Jessie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    O'Briens in Burlington or Indigo in burlington are both great places I have gotten my hair cut and both places and both are wonderful. I would say Indigo muight be better, the are located right on the waterfront and their establishment has more a spa feel which might be more of what you want for the day of your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards